Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Passenger

Default Tahitian Cabins

Does anyone think that a mini-suite is far superior to a BC catagory cabin on deck 7 and worth the additional price for a 10 day trip. We will be going in February next year and just wonder if the additional expense is justified. Is it lots bigger?
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Tahitian Cabins

Annie,

I did not get a look at the minisuites aboard MV Tahitian Princess, so I really don't know how much different from a standard cabin they may be. In the brochure, it appears that they are a couple feet wider than a standard cabin, that their heads have full bathtubs rather than stall showers, and that they have a table and chairs in addition to a sofa in the sitting area.

The decision on type of cabin is largely a matter of personal preference. If these features are important to you, book the more expensive cabin. If not, book the less expensive cabin. Personally, I prefer to book an inside cabin and apply the savings toward another cruise. I don't go on cruises to hang out in my cabin, and I most assuredly don't need a window or a balcony to shower, to change clothes, or to sleep!

But if it's your honeymoon, go for the best suite on the ship because you and your new spouse probably will want to spend a lot of time there....

Norm.
Old April 14th, 2003, 06:50 PM
larry albert

Hi Annie T.
We had a mini-suite on the Ren R1 and they are worth paying the price difference. The room is about 5 feet wider and has a bathtub instead of just a shower (much larger bathroom) plus it has a refridgerator which the regular balconies do not have. We have a BC on the TP in July and we are sorry we didn't get the mini-suite again, but since we are doing this trip on a tight budget we couldn't justify the additional expense.
Old April 15th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Tahitian Cabins

>I prefer to book an inside cabin and apply the savings toward another cruise.<

Norm:
That was always my philosophy too...until I reached the spending stage of my life. (G) I figure, at our age, that we have about 10 more years where we will put up with the hassles of getting to our cruise location. Or have health/mobility problems. So we decided to splurge and spend our kid's inheritance - so we now only book balcony rooms. Even splurged for a mini-suite with balcony on our upcoming Coral that we leave for in a week. (G) I feel like that Sony commercial on TV, we are taking photos of our trips so when the kids ask where the money went, we can show them. (BG)
Frank
Old April 15th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Frank I have to agree with you. We have been booking mini or full suites for our last 5 cabins and have really enjoyed it. We find that we want to spend more time in our cabin or relaxing on the balcony. It really gives us time to spend with each other and find it very restful.
Old April 16th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Tahitian Cabins

>We have been booking mini or full suites for our last 5 cabins and have really enjoyed it. We find that we want to spend more time in our cabin or relaxing on the balcony.<

We have migrated from inside to the balcony rooms and even a minisuite with balcony for our next cruise on the Coral but I don't know if I'm ready yet to move up to a full suite. (G) Each time one does this, there's no going back as my wife gets spoiled. (BG)
Frank-in-CA
Old April 16th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Frank you are so right. That is the problem we had. Keep your wife out of the full suites.
You really made me smile.