Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Frank

Default Pacific Princess Hair Dryer?

In wandering through Princess' web site, I came across the following:

Hair Dryers
Staterooms on all Princess ships are equipped with a 110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (A.C.) with standard U.S. plug fittings for your convenience. Please ask your stateroom steward to check your appliances for suitability before use if you have any doubts. All ships (except Pacific Princess) are equipped with an electric hair dryer in every stateroom.

I wonder if this is referring to the old Pacific Princess or the new R3. If it was the new R3, wouldn't the Tahitian Princess (R4) have the same lack of a hair dryer? Anyone know about this? I'm hoping we don't have to tote one for the wife.
Frank-in-CA
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Pacific Princess Hair Dryer?

Frank,

I'm sure that this is referring to the old MV Pacific Princess, which left the Princess fleet last fall. MV Tahitian Princess does have hair driers in each cabin, though of a different type than the new vessels build tof Princess Cruises. AFAIK, the new MV Pacific Princess (former MV R3) has the same set-up as MV Tahitian Princess (former MV R4).

Norm.
Old April 19th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Pacific Princess Hair Dryer?

I wonder why Princess would keep such out of date information on their web site? I wish they had a way of accepting email so one could correct items like this.
Frank
Old April 21st, 2003, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Pacific Princess Hair Dryer?

Frank,

I wonder why Princess would keep such out of date information on their web site? I wish they had a way of accepting email so one could correct items like this.

The personnel who maintain the web site seem to be well distracted, and often miss such details. I suspect that the line about hair driers was in the section of the web site titled "The Onboard Experience" and nobody thought to review it for clauses that referred expressly to the old MV Pacific Princess when she left the fleet.

Of course, it does look bad for the new vessel bearing the same name....

Norm.