Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Yeoman

Default luggage in Anchorage

I asked this under Alaska but didn't get an answer, so I'll try here. What can we do with our luggage after we arrive in Anchorage. We are taking the Princess train transfer from Seward to Anchorage and have a couple of hours after we arrive in Anchorage before we have to head for the airport. I know I have seen this somewhere, but I can't find it now. Thank you in advance for your help.
Linda

Carnival Inspiration
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Frank

Default Re: luggage in Anchorage

Princess has a location Centralized in town where one catches transportation to the airport. One can check their luggage with Princess personel on duty there. That's what we did and then spent a few hours walking around Anchorage, getting lunch, etc.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 20th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: luggage in Anchorage

Frank,
Does this mean Princess will take us to the airport after we've had some time in Anchorage? I just assumed that if we didn't go all the way to the airport right away, we would forfeit our right to that part of our transportation and would have to take a taxi.

Carnival Inspiration
Old April 20th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: luggage in Anchorage

It depends on your flights and your arrangements. I believe buses run every so often. I can't say for sure but if you've arranged for transfers, the location where they store the luggage is where those transfers take place. In fact, they should drop you off there with your transfer from the train. You may want to make sure this is the situation you have with your TA.
Frank
Old April 21st, 2003, 01:21 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: luggage in Anchorage

Thank you. I'll do that.

Carnival Inspiration
Old April 21st, 2003, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: luggage in Anchorage

Linda,

As Frank stated, Princess has a hospitality center in downtown Anchorage where you can check your luggage during the day. The Grandview Rail Transfer from Seward typically arrives at the Alaska Railroad Station in Anchorage between 11:30 and 12:00. If your flight leaves mid-afternoon, Princess's representatives will direct you to a transfer that goes directly to the airport from the train station. If your flight leaves late in the afternoon or in the evening, they will direct you to a transfer to Princess's hospitality suite located downtown (it was in the Egan Center, which actually is a convention hall, at the end of my cruise last year). You can check your luggage while you get lunch, shop, and sightsee on your own, then return to the hospitality suite to reclaim your luggage and to board a transfer to the airport in time to check in for your flight. The Grandview Rail Transfer package includes the transfers to and from the hospitality suite if your schedule allows enough time for it.

Norm.