Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Passenger

Default tidbits on Grand

Just back from Grand & thought I would pass on a few things --

I was sure I had read that soda was free in dining rooms at meals -- it's not.

I also read that capuccino is free in dining rooms -- it is & we thought it was great after every dinner with our dessert. Our assistant waiter knew by the 2nd night to bring it - wonderful!

No clocks in rooms, at least inside and outside. Not sure about balconies or above.

If you've never been to an art auction, it's way more fun than you might think, even if you have never bought art, aren't experienced, etc.

You only get the baked Alaska parade with traditional early or late seating. We did personal choice 1 year ago & liked it. 1st seating this time & liked it a little better (see above, assistant waiter knowing we wanted capuccino with dessert) Plus you get the baked alaska on the last night. Kind of fun.

We had a great time. Arrived home at 3 p.m. and honest to goodness, I'm already looking around for another cruise!

Any questions, let me know.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2003, 11:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: tidbits on Grand

I was just on the Grand too and we were never charged for soda at dinner, no matter where we ate. One person would show his or her soda card (the person picking up the tab for that night's dinner wine/drinks) and the entire table was brought soda. A few times it was brought in a can with a glass of ice, still no charge.

Just curious, did you have a soda sticker on your card? Does that make a difference at dinner? No one ever questioned if we all had the soda stickers.... we were 3 couples.

Even when we were at the pool someone would order drinks and soda for everyone- and several were brought to us - sometimes in cans (when we requested a bucket of ice) and one soda sticker was all they needed to see.

I'm glad you had a great cruise! I loved this ship and we all had a great time too.

I agree- time to book another!!

Deja
Old April 21st, 2003, 06:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: tidbits on Grand

No, we didn't have a soda card -- & maybe when I read earlier there was no charge at dinner, that's what they meant, that they had a soda card. We bought soda cards for our girls a couple of years ago and they didn't really use them, but I think on this cruise they would have.

We did see someone get questioned at a bar by the pool when they ordered more than 1 soda & the bartenders asked to see the soda cards, but it was a teenager so maybe they were more suspicious. Tons of people had them & I think next time we would at least get them for our daughters.
Old April 21st, 2003, 07:27 AM
RevengeOfTheMoose

Default Re: tidbits on Grand

Glad you had a great cruise. The Grand Princess exceeded all of our expectations a couple of weeks ago.

One more thought - go ahead and book a phantom cruise with the future cruise person. That way, when you get home and decide to book another cruise to ward off PCD, you can take advantage of the on-board credits and low deposit.