Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2003, 10:04 PM
Passenger

Default what was your favorite on the "Star"

Leaving this Sat. on the Star for Mexico wondering what others favorites were?
Food, spots,ect....

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2003, 11:12 PM
Jaimie

Default Re: what was your favorite on the "Star"

A few tips on the star:

The explorers lounge is very nice and quiet...would definetly recommend it!

The horizon court offers free ice cream from 3:30-5:00-otherwise, you have to go to Hagen Daaz and pay

If you book the spa toward the end of the trip, you often will get discounted rates from the "spa specials"

You have to try the 2 specialty restaurants....they were both delicious

Happy Cruising!
Jaimie
Old April 22nd, 2003, 12:52 PM
Passenger

Don't try to have lunch or breakfast at the Buffet at the normal meal times. try to show up a little earlier or later. the crowds are huge. This is the only ship I have been on where I felt that there were 2600 passengers on board and I saw them all. On all of the other ships the layout is such that it never felt crowded. On the Star it did.

They also have automatic tipping. I would take it off immiediatly I board and do your own tipping.

If there are Mah Jong players on board, don't go to the card room. It will be a horrendous experience.

This is also a very smokey ship. I have asthma and was really bothered by the smoke. It seemed to hang in the air in the lounges,

Have a great time!!!!!
Old April 22nd, 2003, 12:59 PM
SharB

When I was on the Star in March I never noticed any smoking, so it will vary. Our favorite spot was our balcony. A great spot to sit during the day is Skywalkers. You get a great view of everything that's out there!! I really enjoyed walking the Promonade deck, at the bow you have to step up to Emerald Deck and then come around back down on the other side. Great Exercise!!! It kept those dessert calories at bay :o)

I really enjoyed eating in the dining room for all my meals and one of my table mates made it a point to eat at the English Tea in the afternoon (on sea days). He seemed to really enjoy it.

Shar
Old April 22nd, 2003, 02:58 PM
Passenger

Thank you everyone! What about favorite dishes?

Old April 22nd, 2003, 04:04 PM
Jaimie

Default Re: Re: what was your favorite on the "Star"

Try the gnocci at Sabatinis, the brie quesadilla at the Painted Desert, and the eggplant parmigian in the dining room. These were probably, in my opinion, the best dishes.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Admiral

The brunch at Sabatini's while at sea is amazing. The extra cost is well worth it. There is limitless Chandon Champagne included with the wonderful brunch. You won't want breakfast prior or dinner after, I must admit.

Catch the show "Dance" and be sure to see Joni Butler, if she is singing her show.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: what was your favorite on the "Star"

Is this that game where there are these noisy tiles or something always being tossed around??? We were on the Sun Princess a couple weeks ago in the game room and there were these Asian folks playing this VERY loud game and I noticed these little tiles they were shaking around. Made it hard to concentrate.

You wrote:

If there are Mah Jong players on board, don't go to the card room. It will be a horrendous experience.
Old May 15th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Does anyone know if the balcony dividers on Dolphin Deck have doors in them that can be unlocked to enable access to adjoining cabin instead of using the hallways?
Old May 15th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Passenger

my favorite is that big BOW in the deck up front! Brand new ship and has a big inward bow in the steel.:/
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:46 PM
SharB

Tracey,
Yes - the balcony dividers are unlockable....