Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2003, 09:01 PM
TX Longhorn

Default Star Princess Advice?

I'm leaving soon on my 1st cruise, on the Star Princess to Mexico for 7 days. Any advice?

I am sharing a standard "D" cabin (with a picture window) with my friend--she's worried we won't have enough room for all our clothes/shoes/makeup stuff. So, we'd like to hear your thoughts on the cabin size, too.

Please provide any advice, as it is all appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2003, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Star Princess Advice?

The Star Princess is a lovely ship. Your suitcases will fit under the beds and can be used for extra storage. You will have plenty of room for your things, provided you limit yourselves to two checked suitcases, each plus a carryon each.

Have fun. There is also washers and dryers on each floor, so bring less clothes than you feel you need. You can always do a load of shorts and tops, etc. while you're having a glass of wine in your cabin in the late afternoon or early evening.

Have Fun and be sure to do the at sea brunch at Sabatini's. It is a huge bargain.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 05:13 PM
TX Longhorn

Default Re: Re: Star Princess Advice?

Thank you SO much for the advice! I can use all the info I can get. I will pass your comments along to the other 13 people from work who are also going. You were very helpful.
Old April 25th, 2003, 12:06 PM
kkorman

Be prepared for the smallest shower you cna imagine. There was a ton of storgae space in the BA I was in.
Old April 25th, 2003, 11:37 PM
toofreds

youll be fine very small shower but alot of bathroom space plenty of soap and shampoo provided
closeT room good you will love it
i wish i never came back
the pools are huge never had a problem finding chairs.
beautiful laundry with iron boards on every floor
i took too many clothes again
aND THEY PROVIDE YOU WITH POOL TOWELS EVERY DAY
ENJOY
Old April 27th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Passenger

I went on the star last August with my Grandparents, Parents and 16 y.o brother. My brother stayed in a cabin with my grandparents while I was in the cabin with mum and dad.
Allthough we had rooms with balconys we found we had enough room for 3 people and plenty of storage to hang clothes up etc... Im sure you will have a lovely stay on the Star and enjoy your trip!!

Emily
Old April 27th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Mike & Charlotte

Default Re: Re: Star Princess Advice?

Don't know where you're from , but days will be hot and muggy once you leave Los Angeles. Be sure to take clothes for the heat in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, as well as a windbreaker jacket, sweater or sweatshirt and some long pants for cool evenings. When you depart, L.A. will no doubt have it's June Gloom, which usually begins in May.

Happy cruising,
Charlotte