Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2003, 02:48 PM
Beginner

Default *New* Caribbean Princess Deck Plans

Does anyone have any deck plans for the new Caribbean Princess? I am want to pick my cabin, but I am not sure of the layout since it is supposed to be bigger than the "Grand" class. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Jim

You can post your response here or email me:

BuiltCruiseBod@hotmail.com

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2003, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: *New* Caribbean Princess Deck Plans

Jim,

According to the press releases on the former P&O Princess Cruises web site (which has been replaced by a redirector to the Carnival Corporation web site since the merger took effect, and thus is no longer accessible), this ship has the same hull and basic design as MV Grand Princess but with an additional deck of passenger cabins between the Promenade Deck and the Lido Deck to accommodate 3100 passengers based on double occupancy. Since the ship was originally ordered for sister line P&O Cruises (in the United Kingdom), some of the public spaces also may have been reconfigured.

In keeping with Princess's standard naming conventions, I would expect that the cabin decks between the Lido Deck and the Promenade Deck are the Aloha Deck, the Baja Deck, the Caribe Deck, the Dolphin Deck, the Emerald Deck, and the Fiesta Deck and that the public decks below the Promenade Deck are the Gala Deck and the Plaza Deck. Thus, deck that's all minisuites probalby is the Emerald Deck and the deck with oversized balconies on standard outside cabins probably is the Dolphin Deck.

The actual deck plans should be available in the Caribbean brochure for 2004-2005, which will be available soon if it isn't already available.

Norm.
Old April 24th, 2003, 08:11 AM
First Mate

Default Re: *New* Caribbean Princess Deck Plans

Thanks Norm.