Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Passenger

Default San Pedro Parking. Is it Safe?

Is it underground? I know it is $10. a day. Jus t wanting to know if anybody has used it before. and what the thought. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2003, 11:05 AM
kkorman

Default Re: San Pedro Parking. Is it Safe?

Not covered, but seemed safe to me. There were hundreds of cars there. I think it is similar to airport parking.
Old April 25th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Jaimie

yes...I think its safe. We left our Lexus LS430 there and when we got back, it was there without a scratch.
Old April 26th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Frank Black

I just got off the Star Princess and the close in lot was full. So they forced us to take a shuttle bus to lot 5. They have a small toll booth, and since you pay AFTER the trip, I assume it's manned 24/7. It well lighted. I parked my MB under a light pole very near the shuttle stop and had several surprises from local birds on it.
Old April 30th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have parked there twice for cruises, and the car has been fine. It was very dusty, and had some presents from the local birds, but it was fine........... There is a shuttle to take you to or from the parking lot, so the driver can drop off passengers and luggage, park the car, and return by shuttle.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:34 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: San Pedro Parking. Is it Safe?

We've parked there for a few of our cruises without a problem. The last 3 times we chose to drive down a day earlier and spend the night in a hotel next to the port with free shuttle to and from the terminal and free parking for the week or however long we cruised. This last time it was 10 nights, so that saved us $100 right there. The hotel was $45 from Priceline.

Lindsay
Old May 9th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: San Pedro Parking. Is it Safe?

Thanks everyone, Parked in the lot everything was fine. My brother in law and sister went down the night before and stayed at the Holiday Inn and they got broken into and lost a wind window and some things out of there car. When they got back they found out that they were not the only ones. This hotel had been hit quite a few times.
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Marathon man

Is it safe??
Old May 10th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Frank Black

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: San Pedro Parking. Is it Safe?

I heard that thieves know when the cruises leave and watch the hotels. Just NEVER leave anything in the car while it is parked.