Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Passenger

Default CAT BA on Princess

Hi All,

I have a question. Is CAT BA on Golden Princess on the Caribe Deck? I've heard
these have large balconies? Are they covered?

Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Laura (UK)

Default Re: CAT BA on Princess

There are BA staterooms on Caribe and the balconies on these are larger than most. Half of the balcony is in shade (i.e. under the cover of the balcony above), the other half open. Having said that I have just downgraded my Caribe BA to a BB (also on Caribe). It is exactly the same as the one I had previously - has the same size balcony, but is situated further forward. The BB was $1000 pp cheaper than the BA... and with 4 kids accompanying us... we felt the savings could be put to better use elsewhere.

You might find the following website useful for stateroom sizes http://www.cruisestateroom.com/features.htm

Laura
Old April 25th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Peabodynvl

Geez...the difference here between one category of balcony and another is usually like $30! There isn't even a $1000 lower between an side and a mini-suite! Are you sure it isn't $100?

Pea
Old April 26th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Laura (UK)

Default Re: Re: CAT BA on Princess

Absolutely sure!! Although I haven't used Travelocity for my booking (since my independent TA is cheaper), I have used them to try and guage stateroom availability, particularly as reports say the Med is not selling very well. For my 28th July Golden cruise, Travelocity has the BA Cabin priced at $3100 pp and the BB costs $2035 pp!!! Once I saw this, I asked my TA to 'downgrade' us. Looking at this online site, it also appears to be the case that some mini-suites are cheaper than the BA staterooms (if my memory serves me right these are about $2,495 pp).

It has to be said that when I made my booking back in June 2002 there was only $40 difference between the BA and BB which was why I booked the BA originally.

Laura
Old April 26th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Frank Black

Default Re: Re: Re: CAT BA on Princess

I had a BA aft cabin on the D deck on the Star a few weeks ago. We liked it a lot. First, there is no wind blowing on the balcony. It has 3 full size lounge chairs, two regular chairs and two tables. It is not wider, but longer. It is very private and very covered. I have a photo posted on "Frank's Star Princess" photo gallery oin CruiseAddocts.
Old April 29th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Passenger

We had a BA cabin on Caribe deck (on the Grand) and for the same reasons as Laura, we had upgraded from BB since it was only a difference of a few dollars.
We LOVED this cabin and would not hesitate to book it again!
The balcony is deeper; half in shade and half in sun. There was room for
two loungers, a foot stool, two upright chairs and a table...as well, we were
able to push all the furniture aside and lay on the ground suntanning...the TWO of
us! The BB cabins look like the same layout except they are located on either ends of the BA cabins.