Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Nsnyder

Default Down to 3

Hi,
This is the first cruise my husband and I are taking. It is to celebrate our 1 year delayed honeymoon ... better late than never, right?
We are down to choosing 3 ships to sail on this August, so we must buy soon. They are The Norway, Grand Princess and Zuiderdam. For the price we get a better cabin in Norway, is this important to have on your first cruise or is a newer ships with inside cabins the way to go? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Nathalie
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Down to 3

my best advise would be to sit down with a travel agent, discuss your wants, needs, likes and dislikes. Its not all about price. Personally i do not like inside cabins- if all you are going to do is sleep, shower and get dressed in your cabin thats fine. But if you want to lounge around and relax in your cabin i would go with a balcony cabin. I love balcony cabins there is nothing like waking up early in the morning with a cup of coffee
on your balcony and watching the sunrise ( if you are an early riser) or watching the ship come into port, same for departure. The three ships you are considering are as diverse and different as night and day. Ports are also a huge consideration, again sit down with a travel agent and really talk to her.
Old May 8th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Newer ship=better
My choices in order:
1. Grand
2. Radiance of the Seas
3. Voyager of the Seas
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:10 PM
kkorman

Blue Fish seems to have a good list. You cannot go wrong with any of those ships!
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

You have 3 VERY different ships listed. You have to decided which ship will offer the type of vacation you are looking for.

My personal opinions...

Norway - older boat, not a fan of this line

Grand Princess - My personal favorite because of the limitless activities, and meal options. This one has a lot of space, and you never feel like there are that many people on board.

Zuiderdam - I find that HA tends to attract the older crowd.

Again, not knowing your situation, you may like the others, but for my husband and I (30's) we like Princess.

Alaska - Princess
Old May 9th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Nsnyder

Thanks guys, it's been great help. I think we are going for the balcony on Grand Princess ... Catherine, we are also in our 30's so I think it will be fun.
Thanks again,
Nathalie
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't think you'll regret it. We really enjoy the Grand/Golden.

We went on the Golden in Nov., and we are booked for June on the Grand, and will be booking Nov. and next May on the Grand.

You can't go wrong!

Alaska - Princess
Old May 9th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Admiral

you will love a balcony cabin. Its so nice to sit out there in the morning w/coffee & breakfast if you wish, watch the sun come up over the ocean - amazing site. I love sitting out on the balcony when we come into and leave ports. We are booked on the Golden for Feb2004- mini-suite w/balcony.
Old May 9th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just a thought, but having cruised on Golden and Radiance and since you are in your 30's, I'd still suggest Radiance over Princess, just more to do, more active, especially at nite and I enjoyed the entertainment better, although Princess does have the 24 hour Horizon Cafe and fresh water pools. By far Radiance is the most beautiful ship I've ever seen, lots of glass everywhere and the decor is just awesome, more easily to navigate that Grand/Golden and I loved the cabins much better on RCCL, the layout is nicer and the cabins seemed roomier..and don't forget the rock climbing wall, I actually did master it, wasn't pretty, but thrilling all the same :-)

What ever ship you choose, I'm sure you will enjoy it, you'd be cruising right?

Have Fun!

Message Boards Moderator