Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Beginner

Default Anniversary/Occasion Packages

I am planning on a 1st anniversary cruise on Princess. I was thinking about getting one of the celebration packages. Has anyone purchased them? I liked the Deluxe Anniversary Package for $299. Is the bridge visit worth it? How are the robes? Can you upgrade the massages to an hour?

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Anniversary/Occasion Packages

double check a few things first - as far as i know after the events of 911 bridge tours are prohibited (may have changed) you get free robes to wear during your cruise no matter what cabin you are in- they are nice heavy white terry cloth robes. do you get to keep them? if you bought them at the ships store they would go for about $65 a piece. You can upgrade your massage to an hour for extra$$. What else does that package include? read the fine print.(it really doesn't sound like any type of a special deal if that is all that you get) You can make special arrangements with the dining room manager if you want a special something at dinner.
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Beginner

The $299 package has: Champagne and roses in the room, 2 engraved champagne glasses, framed formal portrait, chocolate strawberries on first night, anniv. card from captain, champagne breakfast in bed on one morning, two robes to keep, 2 30 minute massages or facials, canapes or petit fours every evening and a bridge visit (still listed in the brochure).

It sounded like a good deal to me.

Old May 8th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

If it sounds good to you, that is the main opinion that counts.
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Congrags Amy!

We just got bcak from the grand 94/20 to 4/27) and I did buy the Deluxe Anniversary Package and you will get ....
Champagne and roses in the room - just once when you want it
2 engraved champagne glasses - came with the campagne,
framed formal portrait - worth about 50 bucks but don't wait till the last sea day to pick the frame they run out of the good ones quick
chocolate strawberries on first night - were very good
anniv. card from captain -never rec'd
champagne breakfast in bed on one morning - only thing differante was you get a small bottle of campagne, other wise anyone can order room service for any meal,
two robes to keep - You will get brand new robes to take home and there will be two in your room to use, The ship store also sell them, but they do sell TWO differante kinds one is like 50 bucks and the other is thicker and is like 90 bucks, the ones you will get are the 50 dollar ones
2 30 minute massages or facials - I did not want a massage so when my wife and I went down to set up her appt. they let us combine to two and she got a full hour. The only thing is DO NOT WAIT to get your appt. they fill up fast and then the only times that are left are during dinner or we your in port.
canapes or petit fours every evening - These were nice we didn't care for the canapes so we hjad them bring the petit fours each night.
A bridge visit (still listed in the brochure) - Yes we did get to go on the bridge and it was really cool, we were traveling with eight kids and I just brought five of them with me and they let all of us in. they talk to you a bit then the captain comes out and will take pictures with you, then get to like roam around the bridge then you feel like leaving, it was alot of fun.

I hope this helps and have a great trip
Old May 9th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Admiral

now that sounds worth it! go for it, and congratulations. Book your massage early - try to book it on a port day, you will have a better choice of times- get back a bit earlier and have your massage.