I thought this would be the best place to get some of my questions answered regarding my upcoming honeymoon dream cruise next month. If anyone can help out me and my wife-to-be Tracy before we take off on the adventure of a lifetime that would be most appreciated....
1) Cash or Travellers Cheques? - Which should we carry? We are from Canada so should we carry a small amount of US Cash with us or just get some USD Traveller's Cheques and cash them at the purser's desk daily as needed?
2) Does the Purser's Desk carry a supply of Polynesian Franc's (Tahitian Currency) and New Zealand Dollars (Cook Island's Currency) that we can write a cheque for or have the USD equivalent charged to our shipboard account on a daily basis?
3) Do most of the local stores, markets, tour operators etc. take credit cards (American Express, VISA, etc.)? I prefer to shop that way....and get AirMiles points...and not have to worry about carrying a large amount of Cash or Traveller's Cheques with me.
4) Are there ATM's around or near where the ship docks that will work on the PLUS or CIRRUS system for us North American's who may want to withdraw local currency? Are they trustworthy?
5) Shore Excursions: What are the BEST ones that Princess has to offer? We are booking a couple this weekend and would LOVE some advice ahead of time. (We may look at booking some off-boat excursions at the docks as well, but need some advice on the Princess offered ones first.)
6) Flight time from LA: We are booked on Air Tahiti Nui on the way from LAX to Papeete and on Omni from Papeete back to LAX. I've heard the flight time is about 8.5 hours...is that correct? Any idea what movies are playing right now on ATN or Omni? Does LAX have those DVD rental places for personal movie rental/choices that you can just send back or drop off on Papeete?
Thanks for all of your help and I look forward to hearing all of your responses.