Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Frank

Default Pacific Princess Laundry?

I find very little infromation about amenities for the the new Pacific Princess (R3). Some sites state that they have refrigerators in the cabins and this is not true. Possibley only suites have them. I can find no information on laundry facilities. We will be on this ship for 18 days and will want to do laundry at some time. Anyone familiar with this ship?
Frank-in-CA
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Meribeth

Default Re: Pacific Princess Laundry?

There's a self service laundry on the ship on deck 7. I think there are 4 washers and 4 dryers. They take tokens that you can purchase at the pursers desk. The washers have an automatic soap dispenser.

There are refrigerators in the suites and mini-suites.
Old May 17th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Pacific Princess Laundry?

Meribeth:
Thanks for the information. Have you been on the R3 before? Since it is a small ship, how does it ride the seas? I'd imagine swells would be more pronounced. We hardly feel any movement on the larger ships, except for the sashaying that the Coral did so my wife had no problem with that movement. But I'm a little concerned about this smaller Pacific Princess.
Frank
Old May 17th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Meribeth

Default Re: Pacific Princess Laundry?

I hope to be on the Pacific Princess on Nov 1. We're booked but my husband's work schedule may make us cancel. We'll know in August before final payment.

I've been on the R1 and the R5 -- both times in the Med. We had rough seas and 40 mph winds coming into Crete. It took the Captain 3 tries to get us into port. It was so windy on shore I felt like I was being sand-blasted. But the ship was fine. I didn't feel any movment. I didn't even know he was having a problem getting into port.
Old May 18th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Pacific Princess Laundry?

Thanks for the information. I've heard a lot of nice things about this ship and am looking forward to experiencing it.
Frank