Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2003, 12:14 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Dawn P. and Coupon Use? Older patrons?

We are considering several ships for an upcoming fall cruise, and have various coupons for discounts and some for upgrades. We also have 2 $30 off Carnival coupons from a class action suit that took place a while back. I phoned Princess's reservation dept. to ask if these could be used on a Princess ship, since Carnival now owns Princess. The agent I spoke to said yes. However, today a T/A said they tell you that, but then they don't allow the use and want the coupons tied to the original line. Also, I asked about an upgrade coupon we rec'd. from Princess. The T/A also indicated that Princess wouldn't allow those to be used on the lower priced promotional fares which are lower than their early booking fares. One last thing, the agent indicated that the Dawn Princess' passengers tend to be an older crowd. I knew this about HAL, but Princess? We have sailed RCCL a lot and I'd always sort of figured Princess to be similar in many ways. Can anyone shed any light on any of this? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2003, 03:23 PM
susancruzs

Default Re: Dawn P. and Coupon Use? Older patrons?

I would say generally the itinerary would be the indicator of whether there is an "older" crowd or not. If you are talking a 7-day cruise, I'd say you'll have a good mix of ages groups, just depends on what itinerary and how long! These days some of the guidelines used to tell passenger mix/ages just don't hold true anymore!

Susie
Old June 1st, 2003, 08:33 PM
Frank

I had a similar experience with coupons from a class action suit - Princess' lawyers weasel worded the agreement so that the coupons were useless. Like you mentioned, they were only applicable to list price fares - something that most cruisers don't pay. Like most class action suits, the only people that make out are the lawyers.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Eventhough Carnival owns Princess they are remaining two separate entities. I believe that your TA is giving you the correct information. As for the age range - it depends upon the length of the cruise and its destination. A 7 day Caribbean will attract all age groups and families, a long cruise tends to attract the so-called older crowd. We sailed on the Sea Princess and their was all ages aboard, no really little ones but teenagers and up.