Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2003, 09:15 PM
SMC

Default Tahitian Princess/Any feedback??

Hi,
We are going on the Tahitian Princess on 08/01/03 for our honeymoon. Does anyone have any feedback on the TP?? Though we aren't too worried we would like to hear something about it from someone,anyone(haha). Thanks so much!! Anyone else sailing then??? SMC
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2003, 08:44 AM
larryalb

Default Re: Tahitian Princess/Any feedback??

Go to cruisecritic.com, click on the Princess section in the message boards, and you will find many reviews of the TP. We are booked on the 7/12/03 cruise and our tickets just arrived and we are getting very excied.
Old June 6th, 2003, 09:58 PM
rberne1

Your gonna love it! It's a great ship, excellent service and pretty good food. We took the cook island itinerary last month and had an absolute ball! We were fortunate with great weather and we took many of the Princess excursions (costly but worth it.) I'd suggest taking a pre-cruise for a day or so to get adjusted. We loved it all so much we're going back next year in May to do it all over again!

Happy cruizin'
Old July 10th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Ed & Kyle Tharp

My wife and I will be joining Aug 1st 2003, We just got our tickets today and looking forward to the cruise. We have been married 11 years this August and this makes our 8th cruise. We have a web page at www.geocities.com/etedkat
Old July 11th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Admiral

SMC,

I have been planning to post a review after my cruise last April, and unfortunately have not had time to write it as yet. In this context, I can offer a few quick comments.

>> 1. I had a great time, and hesitate to book another cruise on this ship only because it has fallen into the hands of a company (Carnival Corporation) with whose track record of safety, security, sanitation, and passenger satisfaction I am not exactly impressed (at leat favorably).

>> 2. The islands of the South Pacific are great!

>> 3. The ship offers most amenities of larger ships -- alternative dining, decent shows, great cuisine, decent cabins, a full service spa and fitness center, etc. -- but in a smaller package. OTOH, some options are a bit more limited -- there's only one show room, for example.

>> 4. Some facilities are not up to the standards of Princess's newer ships, including the show lounge (poor layout and definitely not set up for special effects), the promenades (not teak), and some tackiness in the decor (faux wraught iron on the stairways that's actually painted glass panels, faux china cabinets and bookcases that actually are photographs behind glass panels in the doors of storage cabinets, etc.). Princess apparently is planning some upgrades during the next major yard period, which probably won't happen until the end of next year.

Have a great honeymoon!

Norm.
Old July 13th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Mike & Charlotte

SMC, Before we departed for our TP cruise the first two weeks of May, I compiled a Word Document on each port, as well as the ship. If you'd like, send me an e-mail to the above address, and I'll send them to you, as well as the trip report that i posted on Cruise Critic.

Happy Cruising,
Charlotte