Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Beginner

Default cabin size

My mother and I will be sailing on the "new" Pacific Princess in Sept. from San Francisco to Alaska and the only way we could get on was to accept and inside cabin. I've never had an inside cabin before and wondered if you get a claustifobic feeling without a window. I also wanted to know if there was much "public" space on the ship, since we would probably spend less time in our cabin.
Thanks a bunch!

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Lisa K

Default Re: cabin size

If you don't focus on it, its not all that bad. The cabins are light in color. The weird thing is not knowing if it is morning or night, if its dark or light outside. You can go to princess.com and find the lay-out of the ship and cabin dimensions.
Old June 6th, 2003, 06:37 PM
susancruzs

I've always thought inside cabins have advantages, and being really dark is one of them! Princess has the TV channel where you can see forward, bow of the ship, and generally tell what the weather conditions are!

I've had many inside cabins and I just try to not dwell that I don't have a window or balcony. I keep telling myself, I'm on a cruise, I'm not at home, I'm not in the cabin that much!

Susie
Old June 6th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Admiral

In Alaska, inside is a good thing because it doesn't get dark until 11 or 12 o'clock. You will be able to sleep well for early morning tours.
Old June 6th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Beginner

Thank you all for your encouraging messages! I already think I'll sleep better! That was a good idea about using the TV channel to see the conditions outside. Has anyone been on the new Pacific Princess?
Susie2

Old June 6th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Delores

I think the Pacific Princess is on its first Alaska cruise right now. We have some friends going on it in July. I too have had an inside cabin twice, & it wasn't that bad. We're always on deck when we go into/out of a port, anyway. Am sure someone will post about this ship soon.
Old June 7th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

A tip - if you really need a window, set your TV to the channel that has the bridgecam and leave it on all night long...as the sun comes up, your room will lighten as the sun comes up and it shows up on the bridge cam.

Old June 12th, 2003, 01:11 PM
sascol

Susie, it's just my opinion but one of the MAIN attractions about Alaska is the scenery. Alaska is probably the one itinerary for which I'd be really hesitant to book an inside cabin. I'm not sure of your specific situation, but you may want to consider sailing another date (if the scenery is important to you). If it's not, go for it.