Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Captains Circle ?????

Hello,
Since Carnival has bought Princess, would prior cruises on ships now in the Carnival stable, such as Carnival or HAL, count toward your Captain's Circle level? Does anyone know? Thanks......
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Frank

Default Re: Captains Circle ?????

I'd be surprised if it did count as they are supposedly going to keep the brands as separate entities.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 7th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

AS far as that goes, you can use a previous cruise on a "Carnival brand" to get discounts for past cruisers (ie: fare wise) but your sailings on one brand line do NOT count towards sailings on another brand line (ie: if you have cruised twice on Carnival, it will NOT count as two cruises towards on HAL.)

Old June 8th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Captains Circle ?????

Thank you, unfortunately, that's what I thought the answer might be..............
Old June 9th, 2003, 10:37 PM
SF Sharon

If you ever sailed Sitmar Cruises, those WILL count towards your Princess Capatin's Circle, since Princess bought out Sitmar many years ago. We sailed Sitmar in the 80's (we were young!) and those sailings appeared automatically on our Captain's Circle account with Princess.

Sitmar was wonderful...our fondest cruising memories were on the TSS Fairsky, later called the Sky Princess when she became a Princess ship.

TSS = Turbine steam ship (no foul diessel smell)
Old June 10th, 2003, 02:00 AM
Frank

Our Sitmar cruises ended up on our record, but not automatically. I had to add them to the on line profile.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 10th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wish I HAD been on Sitmar........I remember that the Sitmar cruises always sounded so romantic.............. I believe I read one of your earlier posts about your Sitmar cruises being credited to Captain's Circle, and that made me think about other Carnival owned ships.......
Thanks for your time and your answers......
Old June 10th, 2003, 01:37 PM
crusinqueen

Just got off the Grand Princess on Sunday. They only count previous cruises on Sitmar, P & O and Princess not any of the other brand names owned by Carnival Corp.
Old June 12th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks, crusinqueen.........hope you had a great cruise! Isn't it tough to get back to the "real world"?
Old June 13th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Ronwiz

I have a question. What exactly is the Captin's Circle and what does it do for you. My wife came to the US from Australia on P&O during October 1969. Would that count toward the Captin's Circle and if so, how would I get it added? We are going on the Star Princess to Alaska on Sept 6. The other point is my wife traveled under her maiden name.

Thanks Ron
Old June 14th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Frank

It is an automatic membership once you've cruised with Princess. It has two levels, Gold and Platinum (actually 3 because on the first cruise your cruise card is blue). For the details of what one gets with each level, check it out at www.princess.com. BTW, I only find the free internet at the Platinum level to be a worthwhile perk.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 17th, 2003, 09:38 PM
SF Sharon

Our Sitmar cruises (the absolute BEST!) appeared automatically, but the destinations were totally wrong, lol.

Princess is a pretty good product, but our recent experience pales in comparison to our sailings on Sitmar's Fairsky when she was a new STEAM turbine ship. Those were the days when the lobster was of high quality, many items were prepared tableside, and mounds of caviar with all the trimmings were offered...

We sailed the Royal Princess when she was new, too (NO! we aren't so old...we're baby boomers). But our first love was and will always be...the Fairsky. What a staff! And no diesel smell anywhere, nor the remnants of diesel soot on the furniture.
Old June 18th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Passenger

I too remember Simar and sailed with them several times in my early 20s. I loved it. Everything seemed so formal and elegant. I especially enjoyed the all Italian crew.
I had to inform Princess of my past sailings with Sitmar, but they may have been related to my name change when I got married.
Old June 20th, 2003, 05:41 PM
SF Sharon

Sometimes there are past passenger specials that are available only to those who have sailed with Princess before. Usually, I find the regional specials to be better than those for past passengers, but once in awhile the Captain's Circle number gets a better deal.
Old June 20th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Frank

>Sometimes there are past passenger specials that are available only to those who have sailed with Princess before. Usually, I find the regional specials to be better than those for past passengers, but once in awhile the Captain's Circle number gets a better deal.<

I agree. Our SF-Tahiti cruise was advertised in a Princess flyer for previous passengers but a travel agent was able to beat that price by $600/pp. I don't know if there was anything regional about it.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 22nd, 2003, 01:34 AM
SF Sharon

$600 per person is a good chunk of change. I think maybe you ought to have a chilled bottle of champagne awaiting your TA in his/her office. What a pleasant surprise for you.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 02:19 PM
Frank

>$600 per person is a good chunk of change.<

To demonstrate this inconsistency, that same TA couldn't beat another with our following trip on the Star in January. Go figure. These prices seem to vary all over the map with some TA's doing better than others.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 23rd, 2003, 09:03 PM
SF Sharon

And you plan to book your second trip with which agent?
Old June 25th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Frank

>And you plan to book your second trip with which agent?<

I've already booked the following cruise with the other agent that gave me the best deal. (G)
Frankj