Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Beginner

Default late-twenties??

I've heard good things about Princess Cruise Lines but have only cruised with Carnival before. I was just curious if a couple of 20-somethings would be out of place on Princess because I've read that the average age is in the 60's. I'm specifically looking at the Grand and the Golden Caribbean itineraries. Also, how is the food and the entertainment on board these ships?

Oh and I noticed on a quote I got that the BE and BF balcony rooms were MUCH more expensive than the other balcony rooms...any idea why?

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Lisa K

Default Re: late-twenties??

Ali, you will be pleasantly surprised by what Princess has to offer. All ages, i don't know who told you that the average age of the passengers is 60+(maybe on a 14 day cruise) . On a 7 day Caribbean cruise you will get passengers of all ages from couples your age to familes w/kids, to senior citizens, if you travel during school breaks you will see more kids. The food on Princess is great, you must try a "Love Boat Special" dessert when it is offered, oh my it is to die for! The production type shows are good, the "filler shows" on nights when they don't have production shows are just ok. We love to hang out at the Wheelhouse Bar - very relaxing- low key - nautical theme, usually has a good/small band playing.
Old June 12th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Passenger

There's also a great disco bar that really gets going after 10:00 pm. Stays open until...well I don't know because I conked out at 2:00 am. I confirm that there all ages on a Princess ship, and that was one of the things I really enjoyed about my recent cruise on the Golden.
Old June 12th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the info guys!
Old July 26th, 2003, 01:02 AM
Passenger

I beg to differ on this. While we've sailed Princess and had a great time every time. I must say, it'd be nice to be on a ship that's not geared mainly for the 55 plus group. I was cracking up at the talent show on our Alaskan cruise. They had a 14 y/o boy who wanted to sing "The Time of Your Life" by Green Day. But, NO one in the band had ever heard of the song, much less Green Day. When they announced it, me and anyone under 40 gave out a shout! All the others were clueless. So, the kiddo had to sing "Margaritaville." lol Anyway, I'm going to look into Royal Caribbean next time mainly because I'd like some entertainment on the ship that's got geared for my grandma. If I was cruising with a group of 20 something's I don't think Princess would be my first choice. Not unless you have a big enough group to balance the age range on the ship! haha Otherwise, I hope you really enjoy caberet songs or are like me and my hubby and have fun wherever we go! Missy
Old July 26th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I disagree with the last poster....there is a lot to do for so 20,30 and 40 somethings....you will have a great time - especially on a 7 day caribbean cruise on a Grand-class ship (Grand, Golden and Star) or maybe the upcoming Caribbean Princess.