Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2003, 12:33 AM
mslvp

Default Dawn on 8/25

Roll call for the Dawn Princess out of Vancouver on 8/25

????
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2003, 10:24 PM
mslvp

Default Re: Dawn on 8/25

Hmmm!

There's supposed to be 1950 passengers. That means there should be over 1000 posting here????
Old July 6th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Beginner

Now we need 999 more! I can't wait - only a few more weeks. Are you doing any pre or post cruise tours? Have you booked any excursions?

Looking forward to "meeting" more shipmates soon -

Debbie
Old July 14th, 2003, 08:41 PM
mslvp

Default Re: Re: Dawn on 8/25

Hi Debbie

Where are you from? How many in your group.

I'm arriving a day early in Vancouver so I can take tour to Vict. Is. on Sun. 8/24. Parents will fly up that day & we'll have a late dinner when I return that evening-that's actually my mother's birthday, but don't tell anyone. I'm having a cake for her at our dinner table first nite of the cruise. As a surprise.

I haven't booked out hotel in Vancouver yet. (I'm a PT travel agent & I book my clients stuff ASAP.) I want to say where I stayed 3 summers ago. Downtown area (I think!-maybe it was the "Starbucks" area. When I walked back to my hotel from family's hotel, I passed 4 (that's right 4!) of them & our hotels were just barely 2 blocks apart. It has biz center & internet access which I'll need Mon. am before we sail. Also has a small gym...close to shopping, etc. If you haven't been to Vancouver before, I'd suggest Stanley Park, especially if you have kids. We went there 3 years ago & my 11 year old cousin Brady really enjoyed it. They'll even let you get into the water (special waterproof outfits) & feel the seals. Since I've done that, I'm heading up to Buschart Gardens & high tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria. Monday, before we sail, I want to pick up some Clinique make Up & other items-our dollar is very strong so should be a good bargain. At least it was 3 years ago.

In Skagway, I'll take their 2 hour horseback ride. I've been on their bus tour to Carcross, Canada (that's what my folks will do) & it was GREAT. Goes much further than the Whitehorse train tour & we had a GREAT guide. We saw no wildlife but he says there usally is some. In Juneau, no need for tour=just take the tram (family took tour 3 years ago & said waste of $$$-I didn't take it & we kept running into each other! But, book your salmon bake in Juneau-from what we heard, it was the best of all the different cities/towns.

In Anchorage, we'll bus or get limo/driver & go directly to Denali where we will stay for 2 nites. Take the midnight express train back to Anchorage & fly home at 1am (Yikes!) that night. Well, we'll fly home all night & I'll be back in my office by 10 the next am. I'm self employed so concerned about how biz will be handled with me gone. I'll be checking in daily by cell phone & email, etc.

Please post back or - my email is mslvp@sbcglobal.net.

Lois
Old July 24th, 2003, 09:55 PM
mslvp

OK! There should be a few more (thousands) coming along on the Dawn P to Alaska leaving Vacouver on the 25th of August.

Come out! Come out1 Whereever you are!
Old August 3rd, 2003, 09:00 PM
mslvp

Debbie & I are still looking for more fellow cruisers?

Have to be a few more hundred on board.

We want to set up a time to meet & mingle...maybe 2nd day -it's a sail day I think.

Lois/The Perfect Vacation
Old August 3rd, 2003, 10:20 PM
TamiM

Just got back from the Dawn after a Nortbound Vancouver to Anchorage cruise. Had a wonderful time. Beautiful ship. Loved my Waiter, Nelson, but he will be on vacation by 8/25/03. Rained in Vancouver, Ketichkan and Juneau. But was beautiful in Skagway and both Glacier days. Claimed the Capt. got us closed to Harvard Glacier than they have gotten all year. College Fjord is prettier than Glacier Bay, so save some film.

Enjoy, Tami
Old August 16th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Rejeana

Hi!! I'm part of a party of 4...can't wait to see you there!!
Old August 18th, 2003, 12:43 AM
mslvp

OK Everyone on this cruise.

We're planning to have a "meet & greet:" or whatever, at 11am on tues. 8/25 in the Wheelhouse Bar. We thought that would be best before we get caught up in afternoon activities or getting ready for early/late dinner.

Try to make it. I think we have about 10 coming...some from Florida...California...Alabama. Hope you'll join us also.

Lois/The Perfect Vacation
mslvp@sbcglobal.net
Old August 23rd, 2003, 12:13 AM
Yeoman

You can count two more people on that sailing, my mom and dad are booked. Their first cruise. I already called to wish them a bon voyage so you guys all have a great trip too. If you see my mom and dad, they are 69 and 74. Be sure to help them if they need help. : )

Luanne