Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2003, 10:49 AM
bbkind

Default grand minisuit

I am sailing on the grand in sept 2003. I got upgraded from cat AC to AA. I just wanted to know if there is really a difference between the 2.
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2003, 05:57 PM
cynbar

Default Re: grand minisuit

The size of the minisuites is the same, but the AA s have a better location, in the middle of the ship; The Grand is a really long ship, the length of 3 football fields, so a central location can be a real godsend. We have an AA booked in August, and we're thrilled...
Old July 1st, 2003, 06:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to taz60451

This is to cynbar... Are you going on the 10th of August? If so we'll be there as well. Also are you bringing any teens?
Old July 2nd, 2003, 09:06 AM
cynbar

Sorry. we're going on the 17th of August. No teens, anyway! Have fun---
Old July 8th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: grand minisuit

Hi Cynbar,
I am going to be on the Grand on 8/17 in a mini suite on Dolphin deck. You sound like you might be able to tell me what I can expect. I believe we are in D250 something.
This has a Balcony but is it covered do you think? or is it a large one? We have three in the stateroom.

Any info would be appreciated.
Old July 8th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Passenger

Midnighter - just got back from the Grand in June and stayed on the Dolphin deck in a mini suite (D307 or 317, something like that). The balcony is definitely NOT covered - see the posting here about the Golden with its not-private balcony; the Golden and Grand are identical ships - the posting has a picture of your identical balcony. Personally, I never saw anybody looking down on me and the view over the side is fantastic because you look right over the ocean and not over somebody else's balcony.

The minisuite itself was roomy - my husband and I shared it with our 17 y.o. daughter. Lots of closet space and large bathroom with tub.

Joyce
Old July 8th, 2003, 06:17 PM
cynbar

This is our second cruise in a mini-suite on the Grand --- it's true, the balcony wasn't covered, but it was easy to get some sun for part of the day. And it's more private than you might think, since people up above have to be looking over the railing to see you. I did find that we heard everything from the surrounding balconies, though!! Midniter, there's a nice thread going over on the Cruise Critic Princess message boards that you might like to take a look at ----about 20 people or more who will be on the Grand 8/17 have been corresponding for quite awhile now, and plan to get together on board. Hope to see you there!!
Old July 8th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: grand minisuit

Thanks bjboothman and cynbar. I appreciate the heads up (no pun). I'll check out Cruise Critic.
Old July 9th, 2003, 11:19 PM
serch4frog

Default Re: Re: Re: grand minisuit

Hi Midniter: I am also going on this cruise with cynbar and you.

Yes please check out and find us on the princess cruise critic board, just do a search, and then scroll down to find the name that started the thread. "gjbarkley" 8/17/03 grand anyone going? Please join in the conversation with us. We are going to meet on board.

If we do not see that you have found us, we will be back on here cruise mates and give you all the info, so you to can join us once on board the ship.

Please email me if you need to: serch4frog@aol.com

Bye for now, SUE