Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Tahiti pe-cruise

Have done some checking on Papeete pre-cruise hotels and things seem quite expensive (especially converted to Canadian dollars). We need to spend two nights there before the cruise....any suggestions on slightly more affordable places...or do we just need to suck it up and consider it part of the vacation :-)))) Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Frank

Default Re: Tahiti pe-cruise

We had the same reaction when looking at prices for Papeete. We have a different situation as we will be arriving at Papeete from San Francisco after being afloat for 18 days. When I saw those prices and the fact that we'd been at sea for 18 days, I decided to skip the post cruise there and just catch the flight back home.
Frank-in-CA
Old July 9th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Admiral

formula1,

Have done some checking on Papeete pre-cruise hotels and things seem quite expensive (especially converted to Canadian dollars). We need to spend two nights there before the cruise....any suggestions on slightly more affordable places...or do we just need to suck it up and consider it part of the vacation :-)))) Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, I did both pre-cruise and post-cruise stays in French Polynesia. The best deals that I found were at the Moorea Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort and the Tahiti Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort, as Intercontinental Hotels Plc. (http://www.intercontinental.com/index.shtml) offers "21-day advance purchase" rates that are very reasonable. I should also mention that both of these hotels have excellent Polynesian dinner buffet and cultural show packages for $75 per person -- well worth the price.

Travel between Tahiti and Moorea is no problem, as there's frequent high speed ferry service and taxis are pretty readily available on both islands.

With what you are spending on air fare, it would be a shame not to extend your vacation!

Norm.
Old July 13th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Mike & Charlotte

There are some other less expensive places, but people I know who stayed at them said they didn't have air conditioning. Unless you like to sleep in heat with high humidity and mosquitos, you might want to check out the Beachcomber.

By the way, it's a part of the Holiday Inn chain, so anybody who has Priority Club points might want to cash them in for free nights in Tahiti.

Charlotte
Old July 14th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Tahiti pe-cruise

Charlotte,

By the way, it's a part of the Holiday Inn chain, so anybody who has Priority Club points might want to cash them in for free nights in Tahiti.

Not to split hairs, but it's actually the other way around. Intercontinental Hotels Plc. (LSE: IHC) actually is the parent company of Holdiay Inn.

Norm.