Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2003, 11:59 AM
sascol

Default Island/Coral Princess cabin

OK all of you deck plan experts....help me out here.

We're booked on the Island Princess in cabin D505. It appears as though this cabin's balcony is covered by the other balconies above it ( those in the "bumped out" portion of the ship). Is this the case? We're fine with it being either way, but would like to know in advance.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Island/Coral Princess cabin

You're one cabin aft of the bumped out section. I'm in D502 which is the same cabin I had on the Coral in April ... turned out to be a pleasant surprise because my balcony was about 7' x 7' whereas the one above on Caribe was the 7' x 4' which covered my balcony and gave me about 3' x 7' uncovered. The insides were exactly the same. I'll have to see if I have any pictures showing your cabin (at least on the port side)

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old July 15th, 2003, 08:35 AM
sascol

Thanks....so if I understand you correctly, the balcony for D505 should be a 7x7 also?
Old July 15th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Admiral

No, sorry ... there are only 4 cabins like that on the Dolphin midships area and they are: D418, 419, 501 and 502 because they are on either sides of some fancy suites. Do you have the brochure? I'm just not sure about the others (in yellow) including your cabin. And by the way, Princess misquoted the size to me when I was sailing in April - saying my cabin's balcony was JUST like the others.

Old July 16th, 2003, 06:42 AM
sascol

In looking at the brochure, the balcony on our cabin appears to be identical in size to D501's (as do all of the other mini suites on the Dolphin deck.

Here's a link:

http://cruises.expedia.com/cruises/c...deckcode=DOL#s
Old July 16th, 2003, 09:52 AM
sascol

Hey Cruznut....what do you think about D725?
Old July 16th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Looks identical in size to me, too. The only thing I'm not sure about is how covered it is. This ship is tiered similar to the Grand class from what I've heard. As to the D725, it's the last cabin aft on the starboard side and I have no idea what it's like. I personally prefer midships but many posters seem to love the aft cabins.

Old July 19th, 2003, 08:55 AM
llhancock

Default Re: Re: Island/Coral Princess cabin

Hi There,
We were on the Coral in May in Cabin D726. This was an awesome cabin. The mini-suite is great and being on the very end gave us a 90 degree view from the balcony. The balcony in not covered.
Old July 21st, 2003, 07:37 PM
Passenger

We just returned from coral. Cabin c307. Our balcony was covered. The ship is beautiful. The overall service was great.
Old July 27th, 2003, 03:46 PM
bill leadens

Default Re: Island/Coral Princess cabin , role call, and review?

greetings island princess passengers. we are assigned cabin A306 , would anyone have any general info about that cabin location? we are headed for a 10 day to panama on 12/26/03. we are looking forward to this time. i see this new years cruise is sold out. i would appreciate any review of the new island princess ship now that alaska cruises have begun... forth cruise here, second with princess. see you in december.
Old July 27th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Alaska Bound

llhancoc,

Bunch of questions.

We will be in c718 (AB) on the Island on 9 Aug. Were you able to see the balconies below on the Caribe deck? It's hard to tell from pictures if our balcony is half or fully covered. How was the pitching and rolling in the aft section of the ship? There appears to be balcony at the back of the ship next to your room. Is this an emergency exit or can you also go out on it.

Thanks in advance.

Alaska Bound
Old July 28th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Jo W

Default Re: Re: Island/Coral Princess cabin

Hi Alaska Bound:

We also sail on the 9th, Star Princess - inside passage. You are on the Island Princess? Is that inside passage?

Also, judging from name, you are from CHicago? We are in the NW burbs of Chicago. Have a GREAT cruise.
Old July 28th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Alaska Bound

Jo W,

The Island on the 9th is the Inside Passage from Vancouver. My father's side are from Chicago and Oak Lawn. Only been there once. Enjoy your cruise.

Alaska Bound