Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Idajannie

Default Island 12/06/03

I have just booked a balcony cabin (guaranteed BF) for my mother and I in December. I did the complete transit of the canal several years ago, but this is a first of the canal for my mother. My last canal trip had no stops or excursions in or near Panama. Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions that would be easy on my mother?

I've only been on one other Princess (Dawn) but several cruises with other lines. Loved the Dawn.

Anyone else going at the same time?
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2003, 10:36 PM
bill leadens

Default Re: Island 12/06/03

hello ida, we will be right behind you to the panama on the 26th of dec. i too have been on only one other princess cruise. - alaska- on the sister ship to the dawn, the sun. just a terrific cruise. i have not been on a 10 day cruise before but have done 2 carib. seven day cruises on the carnival destiny. except for a couple of minor irratants (sp) had a good time there too. l hope princess can continue to stay heads and shoulders higher than most other cruise lines. as for the panama stop schedual, i fully expect a change in itinerary due to things like a popular pastime in south america called kidnapping. on the other hand, i have never been kidnapped and all things equal, i will be the first one off the ship if we do make all the schedualed stops. i just wont be getting in the back seat of any volkswagon bug taxis. as for having a - great time, may i suggest to expect very little from others and expect only the best from yourself . that way you and your mom will have the best of all times. i too went on a cruise 3 years ago with my mother. what a great time. i remember her walking fast down the hallway for the formal dinner one nite. she was just ahead of me. she was laughing and in a hurry. of course she looked beautiful. she was always in a hurry anticipating every exciting thing a cruise can offer. the happiest i had seen her in a long time. she was schedualed to go on another cruise the following year with her husband and cousin but the month before she was to leave, she died. even when she was dying and in the hospital she insisted that no one cancel the cruise she had booked for the family because she was going to make it. she didnt make that one after all, ida. sure am glad though that your mom will be sharing this time with her kid. take care of the new island princess because , like i say, my wife and i are going to complete a cruise that my mother could not. i think i will see lots of moms on our new cruise in december. so expect very little but only the best from yourself and you and your mom will be back- just i am going back. i will be seeing my mother there again and i cant wait. say hi to your mom from a 'mate'.
Old July 17th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Barb Dahlberg

Default Re: Re: Island 12/06/03

I am the cousin that was going on the cruise three years ago. I was also on the Carribean cruise with my dear cousin Marilyn, her husband Bob and their two sons Billy and Tom. Our 80 year old Uncle Bob and a family friend were also along. I had so much fun that week, and my cousin Marilyn planned it all. Then the Mexican Riviera cruise she planned for us the followng year was cancelled. She died so fast of a brain tumor. We were all stunned at the news. How could such a good person so full of life be gone??? I haven't been on a cruise since, but would love to go again sometime.It was a wonderful way to travel.Billy and Mary---enjoy your cruise in December and I know Marilyn (your Mom) will be smiling down on you.
Love you, your cousin Barb