Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2003, 11:22 PM
KItty Cruiser

Default Never received Captain Circle card

A group of us I went on a wonderful Star Princess cruise last Nov. 2002 On the last day, many of my group members received their Captain circle card. My husband and I did not. But I have the circle # and get the magazine. According to the magazine, the card identifies you as a repeat customers and there are special benefits and discounts.

I have called 1-800 princess three times and each time they said they would get me a card, but after 6 months fo waiting , no card.

We are now going on our second cruise in September with Princess. I will bet I will not get the card by that time. Will I not be able to get a discount on purchases or take advantage of any benefits when I am on the cruise just because I do not have a card?

Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Frank

Default Re: Never received Captain Circle card

You have your number that you'll use when booking a trip and your TA should get you the Captain's Circle prices. Don't despair, just because it is a Captain's Circle offer doesn't mean it is the best price. Our TA was able to beat the Captain's Circle offer on an upcoming cruise.

I suggest you send a letter to Princess letting them know how many times you requested the card and how you've never received it. However, as I mentioned, if you are getting the literature, the card itself doesn't buy you anything. You never show it for any purpose on board or for anything I know of.
Frank-in-CA
Old July 17th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Admiral

don't worry too much about it. We are in the exact same situation as you. We have taken 2 Princess cruises, have our Captain's Circle number, will be taking our third Princess cruise in February and we still don't get the magazine. The Captain's Circle section of the web site doesn't recognize our number, but our TA has assured us that we are members, I don't even think about it anymore.
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Admiral

If you have a number, make sure you are booked with it and that you have it along with you when you sail. If you don't know the number, your travel agent can easily find it out.

When you get onboard, check the Princess Patter each day for when the Captains Circle Host/Hostess will be on duty and go to them with the number and the story. They can take care of it.
Old July 17th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Admiral

The only benefit for under 5 cruises is the repeater's party which is far better on other lines. For over 5 cruises- you get free internet. You can call and make sure your information is correct, it can take months to get the card. But on the ship as mentioned above you can confirm your status for any benefits if you qualify.
Old July 17th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Never received Captain Circle card

Right. You want to make sure your cruises count because the only perk that I feel is worthwhile is the free internet that one gets when they become a platinum member. All the rest is pretty meaningless IMO.
Frank-in-CA
Old July 18th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Liz B

Default Re: Re: Re: Never received Captain Circle card

As a first time cruiser, can you tell me if you get any vouchers when you are cruising as discounts off future cruises?
Old July 18th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Never received Captain Circle card

Liz, you will get the magazine, special cruise promotional information and an invitation to the the Captain's Gala Welcome Aboard party on your next Princess cruise.
Old July 19th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Admiral

There may be "special" rates for past cruisers, but I have NEVER found them to be the cheapest and have always found cheaper booking via cruise onlys. You can call Princess and they will verify your past cruises, add ones that aren't listed and request your card. I did this and then going to the web site - everything was listed, still no card though.