Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2003, 04:30 PM
Passenger

Default Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Can anyone recommend a hotel in fort lauderdale? Preferably one close
to the airport, cruise terminal, shopping and restaurants..

Thanks,

Greg
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2003, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Although I have never been to Fort Lauderdale I booked a hotel on Priceline for the night before our cruise. I got the Marriott Marina - it's a 3*, right at the pier - others have told me that you can watch your ship come in and dock in the morning. From all I have seen on the internet and others who have been on the boards - it is a beautiful hotel and we got it for $60 a night. We are going in March, 2004.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Embassy Suites on 17th Street Causeway.Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to pier, free full breakfast, free cocktail party in evening. 10 minutes from airport (on way to pier),
5 minutes to pier. Two shopping centers (one next door, one accross the street) and multiple restaurants to walk to.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 07:49 PM
cynbar

I concur with the Embassy Suites --- we have stayed there before pre cruise and found it very satisfactory. We're going on the Grand 8/17, and got 2 suites through Hotwire for only $48/each. The usual price if you book through the website or Travelocity is over $150. There is a great web site ---- www.biddingfun.com --- that can give you a lot of info on how to book pre-cruise hotels for a great price. Good luck---
Old July 22nd, 2003, 09:01 PM
Jeannine

I too bid on Priceline and got Emabassy Suites for 60.00 per night. This is for 9/27/03. I stayed there a year ago for another cruise, it is a great hotel. I was up early on embarkation day and saw the Millennium come into the port from our balcony.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 09:17 AM
Admiral

If you got the Marriot Marina for $60.00 per night go for it. Its a great hotel, right on the intercoastal waterway. There are huge yachts docked right next to the hotel, and yes if you have a room in the front section of the hotel you can see some of the cruise ships docking from your room.- especially if you are on the second floor. My husband woke me up really early in the moring and said, honey come out onto the balcony, i think our ship is docking! It was really neat. This hotel has a nice pool, a great outdoor bar/snack bar that is right on the waterway. People just dock there boats and come up to the bar for a drink or sandwich. Nice breakfast buffet. Short walk to restaurants, grocery store and some shopping. We took a taxi.