Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2003, 12:50 PM
Needtogonow

Default Star Princess-repositioning cruise

Hi
I am going on a repositioning cruise in Sept on the Star. I have several questions.

1. I booked my cruise last week with a TA. today i went on a website and found the prices have sharply dropped. Can I get an upgrade or get a credit. It is a difference of 100 dollars. And the rooms are higher categories..

2. Is the service the same on repositioning cruises as it is on the longer cruises?

3. Are repositioning cruises less crowded?

I can not wait to go on my vacation. I am looking forward to a very relaxing vacation and hope I have made a good choice.
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2003, 02:57 PM
Frank

Default Re: Star Princess-repositioning cruise

By all means, if you've found a lower price you need to mention it to your TA. If they can't get you a reduction to match, I'd look elsewhere in the future. BTW, $100 is not a big difference.

Repositioning cruises are usually good bargains. Service and food is the same. Normally these cruises are filled with past passengers that prefer sea days to port days which most of these cruises have. And normally a full ship is that every cabin is occupied but mostly with 2 people since you'll also find much fewer children on such voyages.
Frank-in-CA
Old August 4th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

The repo cruises are also super relaxing due to the sea days -- everything seems more laidback -- no rushing to get into port etc

Have a fun time!

Harry (and the Star is beautiful!!!)
Old August 9th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Needtogonow

Thank you to both of you for your comments. I feel very reassured that I did the right thing. I am really looking forward to going and relaxing.

Thanks again.
Old August 9th, 2003, 11:07 AM
moi

I just saw on the news where the Star Princess has been hit with the Norwalk Virus this week. It just pulled into Port with mega passengers sick on board

You might wnt to watch the news before boarding that ship
Old August 9th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Interesting! Gotta look up the news report
Old August 9th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Star Princess-repositioning cruise

>I just saw on the news where the Star Princess has been hit with the Norwalk Virus this week.<

They should have this cleaned up by the time you cruise unless it is being spread by the crew. It is important to wash your hands quite frequently. This seems to pop up every now and then. It will be interesting to see if it is just happening to the Star or if other ships start with it again. Also, 200 sounds like a lot of people but it is less than 10% of the passenger population on board.
Frank-in-CA
Old August 19th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Jo W

Default Re: Re: Star Princess-repositioning cruise

Just got off the August 9th Star Princess cruise - no problems with Norwalk Virus. The ship had come in that morning (August 2nd cruise) with 19 sick passengers, and they would not let us on til the cleaned the disinfected entire ship (they even cleaned lighting fixtures with q-tips). We left 5 hours later than supposed to, but not one person sick on ship.

Understand 19 people got sick on Holland America ship that left same time we did - they had to take passengers off in Juneau.

I think it can happen on any ship. But we were given on-board credit for 5 hour delay and, as I said, no one got sick.

We had a WONDERFUL time.
Old August 19th, 2003, 09:29 PM
stanley starr

Default Re: Re: Re: Star Princess-repositioning cruise

wow!! We leave this Saturday on the Star for Alaska. I sure hope they have that cleaned up. Where can i check this out? Will have to call my sister who is a travel agent. And btw is any one else going on Star this Saturday. Over the past few months I have not seen anybody on these boards who is going at this time.
Stan
Old August 19th, 2003, 09:47 PM
H2OBug

We were on the Star 7/26 sailing & glad to have missed the Norwalk by one week. Happy to report everything was ok on our cruise.
Old August 24th, 2003, 07:41 PM
SF Sharon

"we were given on-board credit for 5 hour delay and, as I said, no one got sick."

How much was the credit per hour?
Old August 25th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Lklein

I too am thinking about this cruise but worry about the service, food etc. and do you still get the same entertainment?