Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2003, 10:05 AM
saskgirl

Default Dining - Dawn Princess

We are leaving on the Dawn Princess on August 11th for an Alaskan cruise. I'm a first time cruiser and I am curious about the choices for meals at the early sitting for dinner. Is there a menu that you order from or are there just a few choices for each evening? Is the menu different every night or not? Just curious - can't wait - thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2003, 10:42 AM
sascol

Default Re: Dining - Dawn Princess

In the dining rooms, you are provided with a full menu every night. The menus are different each night (with the exception of a few "always available" items that you can get every night). Selections on the menu are pretty wide with 4 to 5 appetizers, 2 or 3 salads/soups and 4 or 5 main entrees and deserts!

I do not have the links bookmarked, but I'm sure there is someone that will see this post that can provide you with a link that will lead you to some sample Princess menus.

Hope this answered your question.
Old August 5th, 2003, 10:44 AM
sascol

I meant "desserts" as opposed to "deserts"!
Old August 5th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Dinner is an event on a cruise you will be treated to a gourmet meal every night. The menu changes from night to night with plenty of choices.
Old August 5th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Passenger

Just wanted to mention that the early seating has the same menu as the later seating, in case you wondered. If you don't find anything on the menu that you like, you can always order steak or as I recall, grilled chicken, grilled salmon, or fettucine alfredo. There are vegetarian choices on the left side of the menu each night as well. While I loved the meals, we had a teenager who preferred plainer fare such as the steak or alfredo.

And if you want two appetizers instead of one appetizer and one soup/salad course, they will bring you that. If you want to taste a second entree, you can have that too. The sky is the limit. And if you can't decide between the desserts, get them both.

The Horizon buffet is open 24/7 --- you can find something there anytime as well.
Old August 5th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Linda P.

Default Re: Re: Dining - Dawn Princess

The menu for that day is posted outside the dining room so if you find you're not excited by the choices you can always go upstairs to the Horizon buffet. But they always have the standby steak and chicken and just ask. They will always try to accomodate you.
Old August 7th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Joyce

Food is the last thing you need to worry about unless you are extremely picky or on an extremely strict diet! Enjoy.