CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Amerisuites Fort Lauderdale 17th Street (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/224213-amerisuites-fort-lauderdale-17th-street.html)

Gaprofitt August 15th, 2003 06:44 AM

Amerisuites Fort Lauderdale 17th Street

Anyone ever stayed here? Is it close to restaurants and shops?

MChance August 15th, 2003 06:57 AM

Re: Amerisuites Fort Lauderdale 17th Street

I've read in other email threads that it's nice. I went to bidding4travel.com, searched on what people were paying for hotels around Ft. Lauderdale, then went on to priceline.com and bid a price of $39.99 for 9/13/03. I got a hotel at the airport, the Sheraton. It's not as close as the Amerisuites is to the ships, but it was a great price.

Chuck Palm August 15th, 2003 09:08 AM

I stayed there. It was okay but not fabulous. It's not even close in quality to Embassy Suites, but its okay for a night's sleep. The Outback Restaurant is almost in the parking lot and there are a few others. Most of the nicer restaurants are a short cab ride away.
There are a couple of other Hotels just a block or two away that also have restaurants.

Jeannine August 15th, 2003 03:32 PM

The only way on Priceline you could have gotten the Sheraton is by picking Ft. lauderdale airport. The only way to be sure of getting either a hotel like Embassy suites or Amerisuites close to the port, is by picking Ft lauderdale downtown only. 3 stars and bid of 65.00 for ES and 2 1/2 stars for 37.00 for Amerisuites. I bid the same way everytime and never fail.

evie August 15th, 2003 08:21 PM

Re: Re: Amerisuites Fort Lauderdale 17th Street

I went on hotwire and got Embassy suites in December for $60. Took the advice from everyone on the boards.

jhagen August 16th, 2003 03:06 PM

Besides the Resturant mentioned, there is a shopping center right across the street and down toward the East a little. And in one corner of that center the most fabulous bagal place I have ever seen. Have more types of bagals than you would want to eat.....
Good for something different. But then you have a continental breakfast at Ameriasuites.....
Just thought I would mention it.

CJ August 19th, 2003 07:04 PM

We stayed at the Amerisuites in March and it was just fine. We had a good meal at the Mexican restaurant right next door and we didn't have any trouble with the shuttle service to the pier the next morning! Have fun!!

Nanatravel August 21st, 2003 09:36 AM

We too have stayed at Amerisuites and eaten at the Mexican Restuarant in the strip mall after Embassy on 17th. As mentioned the pier shuttle can be intimidating, but just ask the driver when he expects to go to your ship, so you can gage whether you wish to try to get a taxi. It was hard for people who had a wedding on board a ship to even get a taxi to come to this hotel. The other nice thing, is the hotels are within a walking distance of the 17th St. bridge and the Intercoastal Waterway. It may be a good walk, but certainly not a hard walk with sidewalks and well traveled areas. For an upscale restaurant, try the 15th Street Fisheries which is right on the Intercoastal not far from the Marriott.
Bon Voyage

Gaprofitt August 23rd, 2003 10:00 AM

Thanks everyone.. I appreciate the advice. I got the hotel on hotwire for 58 a night.