Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:00 PM
aplum

Default caribean princess excursions

I am going on the July 17 eastern car cruise. I have no idea which shore excursions to choose. We are moderately active 32 and 34. If I book my husband on a long boring tour he wont be happy. any suggestions? How is th eRhino ride? Helmet dive? St thomas Scenic and shopping?
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:38 PM
JohnH

Default Re: caribean princess excursions

We were on Eastern last week. We took the tour to St. John Trunk Bay Beach in St. Thomas. Trunk Bay is suppose to be one of the 10 best beaches in the world. Nice trip because they bring the ferry right next to the ship in St. T. No having to ride over to Red Hook to catch the ferry. It was a lovely day and the water was just perfect.

We just went to the beach in town in St. Marteen because the Pinel Island tour (which we have done previously) was all sold out.
Old July 7th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Admiral

A lot depends upon what you and your DH like to do.
St. Maarten - shopping, beaches - do it on your own- Dutch Side - great deals on jewlery, cosmetics/fragrance, fine linens and t-shirts. French Side- more designer stuff.
Beaches - Orient Beach - most popular tourist beach - lots of goings on - clothing optional section. Dawn Beach - less crowded, more family oriented
Fun ships excursions: America's Cup Regatta - you get to sail on an actual
racing sailing yacht in an actual race
Golden Eagle Catamaran - fun and relaxing. You sail up the coast (beautiful) to a small island (Tintamar) where you can swim, relax on the beach or do a little snorkeling.
Pineal Island - snorkeling

St. Thomas - shopping - either downtown or at the pier at Havensight Mall (i prefer downtown myself) - Great beaches - Meagan's Bay is the most popular touristy beach - beautiful - no snorkeling here. Coki Beach/Coral World another great beach. We like to grab the water taxi over to St. John island and explore the beaches on our town. Trunk Bay is the most popular touristy beach - can get very crowded, go early. Lots of great beaches on St. John Island.
For tours on St. Thomas - hire a cab driver to take you around the island. Haven't done any organized tours on this island we do it on our own.
Old July 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Aplum,
We did the Rhino ride in St. Maarten and really enjoyed. We got to see parts of the islands we would of never seen and the boats were a gas to drive. They take you a long ways out to a nice secluded beach, where you can just relax, snorkel or snack on the boat before its time to head back. You can also switch drivers if you wish, it was great fun. In St. Thomas we did the "bob" excursion and that was totally different from anything else we've done before, very cool. If you haven't already done the America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten, thats another good one, very thrilling, I loved that one too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 8th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Admiral

Donna, Have not heard of any of those, tell me more. We have the Godfrey tour for St. Thomas, but looking for something fun for St. Maarten.

Old July 8th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: caribean princess excursions

CArol,
Both the Rhino boats and the America's Cup regatta are only offered through the cruiseline, so you can pre-book them on-line as long as you are in the 60 days before your cruise.

The Rhino boats are small boats surrounded by an intertube, so they don't tip over, holds 2 people and are tons of fun, be prepared to get WET! The America's cup is where you are actually in a race with other sail boats and you pick a job, either very active or non-active and I learned so much and had fun at the same time, but I did do a LOT of work, I took a main grinder job, but it was great. I'd recommend either one of these for St. Maarten.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 11th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

St.Martin/St.Maarten:

Agree with Donna on the Rhino Boats! What fun! Just LOVED it!

Most people seem to really enjoy the America's Cup Regatta. We have been on this one twice. The first time it was wonderful. The last time there was NO WIND AT ALL so it was not the best.

Have Fun! WSEA
Old July 12th, 2004, 02:52 PM
amplum

Well I pre-booked the americas cup and the helmet dive. we'll see
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Kevin And Sara

Has anyone ever booked the St. Thomas Sailboat & Snorkel Adventure? Or the New Waves Disvover Scuba in St. Maarten?
Old July 14th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Kevin & Sara - my husband, teenage son, the dad and teenage son of the couple we were traveling with did the Discover SCUBA excursion in St. Maarten and loved it !!
Old December 30th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: caribean princess excursions

Hello! Just wondering how the snorkelling was at Pinel Island on St Maarten and the St. John Trunk bay snorkel. My husband and I have snorkelled in Hawaii many times before and its wonderful otherwise we've only snorkelled at Princess Cays. Is there much to see, is it too crowded, enough time in the water, etc? I'm a bit leary that we'll be disappointed.

Thanks in advance for your response. We cruise in about 6 weeks.