Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Default Golden Princess - Casablanca/Marrakesh Tour

Can anyone recommend a good private tour agency for a one day tour to Marrakesh? We want more flexibility than Princess's Marrakesh tour offers.
Thanks! BB
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2003, 08:22 PM
slotl

Default Re: Golden Princess - Casablanca/Marrakesh Tour

I do NOT recommend independent travel. It is a 4 hour bus ride from Casablanca to Marrakesh and another 4 hours on the return. I would recommend SHIP-provided transportation (in other words Marrakesh on your own). If you want to hire a private tour, do so IN Marrakesh. If you are delayed on a private tour, the ship will leave without you. If you are delayed on a ship-sponsored transportation tour, then the ship will wait for you (as long as you are on the bus).

I have been to Marrakesh. My infatuation lasted about 15 minutes and I couldn't wait for the bus ride home. The only good thing about Marrakesh is that "I have been there and done that".

Have a great time.
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:58 PM
riderchic

Default Re: Golden Princess - Casablanca/Marrakesh Tour

I've actually heard Fez is pretty amazing. Are you going Sept.2ndcruise, Golden?
Old August 21st, 2003, 10:14 AM
Crowsie

Default Re: Re: Golden Princess - Casablanca/Marrakesh Tour

Fez IS truly amazing!!!
But we also loved Marrakesh...just like the chase scene in the marketplace in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Don't eat the food from the street vendors, fresh vegetables/fruit or put ice in your drinks.
We ended up with a case of dyssentery from Marrakesh....but that doesn't cloud the memories..just adds to the stories!
I also suggest you take the Princess sponsored transportation to Marrakesh...it's a long ride and you may end up without airconditioned transportation.