Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Passenger

Default Coral Princess - Oct. 30th

Hello,

Hello out there. Anyone sailing on the Coral October 30th? I saw where the group going on the Island Princess (same itinerary) is planning a costume party for Halloween. Anyone else interested in dressing up on Halloween on the Coral? Sure wish some folks would. Hubby can't take two full weeks off - otherwise we would be sailing on the Island ourselves. Hey you Islanders - have a great time!!!!

GoodToGo
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2003, 12:55 PM
ajdegumbia

Default Re: Coral Princess - Oct. 30th

There is a group of us going. If you check cruisecritic.com there is a post under "ethel". We are going to coordiante a get together. Check her posts.
Old August 19th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Coral Princess - Oct. 30th

AJ

Will do. Thanks.

GoodToGo
Old August 22nd, 2003, 02:02 PM
crusinqueen

Welcome aboard Good to Go. My hubby & I will also be joining you on the Oct 30th Coral Princess. We're empty nesters in our late forties/early fifties. I can almost guarantee this will not be a ghost ship after 10:30pm. This is our 30th Princess cruise and our 6th time in the Canal. You'll get your R&R and have a balst too!!!
Old October 1st, 2003, 11:55 AM
Joe & Sha

We just booked yesterday, talk about last minute thank God we are Fl. residents and our daughter drives up to the port. We are also in our real early 50's and mid 40's, it up to you to guess which 1 is which.

Joe & Sha
Old October 2nd, 2003, 02:47 PM
Passenger

Crusinqueen,

Now I'm really excited - 6 times doing the canal! It must be a worthy itinerary. Is there anything we absolutely should know that would maximize our enjoyment of the transit? If so, please advise so we can be as prepared as possible. One question I would have, not that it matters now since we have our doc's already, but is there an advantage to being on one side of the ship versus the other? Just curious.

We have cruised about 15 times (includes the Bahamas, Caribbean lot, and Alaska once), but never to the canal. Among all the lines we've experienced, Princess ships rank very high on our list.

Joe & Sha,

Hey folks! Welcome aboard! About the ages - woooooo, I wouldn't begin to venture a guess. But for us, I'm 49 - he's 52 and we're both active, social butterflies. Looking really forward to meet you. It won't be long now.

GoodToGo
Old October 2nd, 2003, 02:49 PM
Passenger

Crusinqueen,

Now I'm really excited - 6 times doing the canal! It must be a worthy itinerary. Is there anything we absolutely should know that would maximize our enjoyment of the transit? If so, please advise so we can be as prepared as possible. One question I would have, not that it matters now since we have our doc's already, but is there an advantage to being on one side of the ship versus the other? Just curious.

We have cruised about 15 times (includes the Bahamas, Caribbean lot, and Alaska once), but never to the canal. Among all the lines we've experienced, Princess ships rank very high on our list.

Joe & Sha,

Hey folks! Welcome aboard! About the ages - woooooo, I wouldn't begin to venture a guess. But for us, I'm 49 - he's 52 and we're both active, social butterflies. Looking really forward to meet you. It won't be long now.

GoodToGo
Old October 3rd, 2003, 05:12 PM
CrusinQueen

Good to Go Unfortunately, we are only doing a partial transit on this cruise so you do not get to see the best part of the canal which is the Pacific side. That said, if you take either the train tour or boat excursion, you will have the experience of a lifetime. Normally, we do the full transit on a 14/16 day cruise. We will be taking the train tour this time as my better half is a train enthusiast and up until this trip we have never been permitted to actually get on land in the Canal Zone so this will be a new experience for us all well. What side of the ship you are on depends on the what position the ship draws when its time for us to transit but if you are out on the open decks its usually great from anywhere. We prefer the very front from Baja deck on the way into the canal & the very back from any upper deck on the way back thru the back. Be happy to answer any other questions you have & looking forward to meeting everyone!!
Old October 9th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Coral Princess - Oct. 30th

CruisinQueen,

Thanks much. I think I will check on the train ride as the train itself will be a new experience for us. Perhaps when we retire we can both get away from work long enough to do the full transit, but now 10 nights was about the max we could break away from work without having to suffer to much upon our return. It won't be long now.
Have a great day.

GoodTogo