Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Cathy Snyder

Default Captains Circle Pricing

Just got the new Captains Circle Brochure. It advertises 2004 Caribbean cruises for "up to $600 off the Love Boat Saver Fare for outside and balcony cabins". So I drag out my trusty brochure and call Princess. They quote me a price of about $90.00 off. I ask her on what sailing and in what cabins can I get the $600.00 off, and I'm on hold for 30 minutes. She finally comes back and tells me that the $600.00 off is off the "new love boat saver fare". The love boat saver fares have increased about $510.00, all categories, all sailings. I ask her to send me the new brochure with the new fares, and surprise, surprise, there isn't one (it's not been published). So they raise the price $510 and then discount it $600 - sounds pretty shady to me. Comments?
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Frank

Default Re: Captains Circle Pricing

When a retailer increases the price and then shows a large discount back to the original or clost too, that's fraud. If you live in CA, where Princess is located, I'd send a complaint to the Attorney General's office. I'd detail exactly what you said. Even if you don't live in CA, you can file one on-line. That kind of stuff usually incenses me.

Hell hath no fury as a retiree with a PC.
Frank-in-CA
Old August 29th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Cathy Snyder

Default Re: Re: Captains Circle Pricing

Thanks for the reply, Frank. I'm filing a complaint with Princess today, and am going to follow it up with the AG in my State, Michigan if Princess doesn't respond to my satisfaction. Actually, as long as a company does at least $50,000 business per year in Michigan, no matter where they're based, the Michigan AG will look at the case. But first, in order to allow Princess to "make it right" I will exhaust all appeal processes they have.

I never, ever, allow this type of corporate antics to get past me (sounds like you're as tenacious?). I take it to the hilt and usually end up coming out ahead. Thanks again.
Old August 29th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Captains Circle Pricing

So Princess Rates are going up by $510 per person? Or were they lying to you? I'm confused.
Old August 29th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Captains Circle Pricing

I think that the words included in this ad that are the most important are the words "UP TO"..........................that is often on signage in retail stores, too, when the price marked is really only five percent off, rather than the "up to" FIFTY PERCENT off on the sign. In the Princess books that I have seen, there is a little box under the statement of up to so much off, that explains what sailing that particular statement refers to, as well as the booking dates required. My Exotics book details the particular cruise date that the "up to so many dollars off" refers to. It is rather misleading, but not really illegal, I don't think. Perhaps some attorney will post his opinion.
Old August 29th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Captains Circle Pricing

You don't have to be a resident of CA to file that complaint with the CA Attorney General. Just go on line and file it.
Frank-in-CA