Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2003, 08:29 PM
L Wagg

Default Balcony cabins on Emerald deck vs others

Trying to make plans for our 10 day Panama Canal cruise and worrying about the category BE...

Is it my imagination, or are the balconies in Cat BE on the Emerald Deck larger than those on the Dolphin and Caribe Decks? They are the ones that are furthest aft and it seems that they are larger. Has anyone seen this for sure?

I know that on the Star there are certain cabins that have larger (50%larger) balconys and the only way you would know is if you had been lucky enough to see them in person.

Anyway, I am trying to decide if I want to choose my cabin, or go with the guarantee. If the Emerald Deck BE's have a larger balcony, then I think that would be great, if not then a gty seems more suitable.

Any suggestions or experiences would be great!

Linda
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Balcony cabins on Emerald deck vs others

You don't say what ship you'll be on ... however, call Princess and they will tell you the size of the cabin and the balcony.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old August 30th, 2003, 09:27 PM
L Wagg

Okay, yeah that helps. Sorry. It will be either the Coral or the Island Princess.

Linda
Old August 30th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Alaska Bound

The Balcony Pics in the Photo Gallery under "Island Balconys" might help. They are outside views.
Old August 31st, 2003, 03:59 PM
stanley starr

Default Re: Re: Balcony cabins on Emerald deck vs others

we were on star princess last week and had balcony on doplin deck which is deck 9 and it was very nice
stan
Old September 1st, 2003, 10:13 AM
Ernie

Call up ypur travel agent and ask them to find out the square footage of the cabins. They can do that. Another thing, don't worry too much about the size of the cabin, it is only a 10 day cruise. All of the Princess ships are beautiful and the cabins are priced as to their size and location. The more money you spend, the larger cabin and balcony you get. If you were sailing on an around the world cruise, then I would be concerned about the size of the cabin. Ernie - Red Hill Travel in CA.
Old September 2nd, 2003, 02:46 PM
Sun Lover

I prefer the balcony cabins on Dolphin Deck because I enjoy watching the stars above and getting the sun during the day. It beats trying to find a chair around the pool.