Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2003, 05:30 PM
Liz B

Default Booking Staterooms

Does anyone know if there is such a website where you can book specific cabins on a cruise by clicking on the exact cabin you want, off a drawing - or is this something for the future? You can now book theatre seats on line in this way.
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2003, 07:55 PM
id

Default Re: Booking Staterooms

We've had cabins near elevators on both the Grand and the Golden.
No noise at all. Great location!
Old September 3rd, 2003, 07:56 PM
id

Default Re: Re: Booking Staterooms

OOPS! Replied to wrong question!
Old September 3rd, 2003, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Yes there are several. Travelocity and Expedia are probably the most well known (not necessarily the cheapest however) but there are many others. Just remember that having a real T.A. can be a huge benefit when travel plans and or pricing begins to change. A lot of times I use pricing from some of the cut rate cruise web sites that aren't as well known. A good agent will match or come close in price and you'll get better service that way.
Old September 3rd, 2003, 09:54 PM
Pea

I haven't seen where you can book the actual stateroom number of Travelocity or Expedia. I know you used to be able to on Uni-Globe. I sort of know where I want my cabin, so I call my TA and ask what cabins are available in that location.

Pea
Old September 4th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Passenger

I've used both www.cruise411.com and www.ecruises.com and was able to select a specific cabin from the floorplan of the ship with both of them. I haven't had any problems with either organization --- but I have noticed that sometimes one will give you different availability than the other. For example, when cruise 411's website indicated there were no "rooms for 3" availability, ecruises had them.
Old September 4th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Just pretend like you are purchasing a certain price category and then the cabin numbers will be quite evident for your selection on the very next page.
Old September 5th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Booking Staterooms

Yes, on travelocity, act like you are actully purchasing tickets. One you select the price and cabion catagory, you will get to choose the room. If no rooms are left in that catagory, it was just have the Garuantee room avaiable. Sometimes, if the catagory is on more than one florr, there will be a drop down tap to help you choose another floorto view if any are avaiable there. Then, it shows you your final cost and that is when it asks for payment options.
Old September 5th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Passenger

The problem with Travelocity, Orbitz, and several other sites is that they only show up to 6 staterooms (plus a guarantee option) for each category available. The original poster wants to check if a specific cabin is available, not just what Travelocity and others are showing. As mentioned Uniglobe used to but I don't think they do anymore, cruise411 allows the option of picking a specific cabin I tink, not just what they are showing as available. Of course you could always contact your TA or Princess directly to find out as well
Old September 5th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Sun Lover

Does Cruise411 allow you to check on that cabin availability in real time or is it via email? If it's via email, I don't like it. What about other websites? Anyyone show more than 6 or let you put in a cabin you want?
Old September 5th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Passenger

Hmm, I thought cruise411 allowed you to put in a cabin number that wasn't listed but I just looked and can't find how to do it now. There must be a couple of sites out there that allow it but I don't know them
Old September 9th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Liz Lewis

02cruise.com and cruisevalue.com. Enter the category you want and you get a real time list and their prices. Cruise value has good prices. I dont know about cruise credit or anythng else. But they do not pass on price drops. Good for shopping.
Liz