Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Martin Jacobs

Default Pacific Princess

Planning a cruise on Pacific Princess on a "Pacific Theater"- 24 days-May 17-June 11, from Hawaii to Osaka. It covers WWII battle sites like Midway Is., Guadalcanal, Marshall Is., Okinawa, Rubal, Hiroshima, Guam, Saipan etc.
I saw where this cruise innagerated last year. Has anyone any comments about this cruise and how enjoyable it was or not? Also, I would appreciate any comments on the Pacific Princess ship. I'm looking forward to hearing back from someone.

Martin Jacobs

If you can send a copy to my email address, would be appreciated. It's MJacobs784@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2003, 06:25 AM
KIMHORNE

Default Re: Pacific Princess

HI DO YOU KNOW DAVID HADDACKS?
Old September 10th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Martin Jacobs

Default Re: Re: Pacific Princess

No, I don't know him. Why?

Martin
Old September 10th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Frank

Default Re: Pacific Princess

I have personally spoken to two different couples that cruise Alaska this summer on the Pacific Princess since we will be boarding her on Sept 16th for an 18 day cruise from SF to Tahiti. Both couples liked the ship, the food and the service. The second couple, unfortunately, ran into rough waters going to Alaska and then a storm on the return. Needless to say, this smaller ship does not ride the waves as well as the bigger ones. Most of the people were sick and the dining room was only 25% full on formal night. My neighbor exited his cabin in his tux and then turned around and went to bed.

My neighbor's wife also had a bout of that flu. There was no news item about this and probably very few got it. They did scour their cabins completely each day. She went to the doctor on board. I believe Princess is equipped to test and find out if it is the Norwalk virus within 4 hours. Since she wasn't confined to her cabin, although she did stay there, it probably wasn't.

Hopefully we won't run into heavy seas on our voyage and can enjoy those many days at sea.
Frank-in-CA