Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Alex C

Default Cruising over Xmas and New Year

I would be interested to know how Xmas onboard the Royal Princess is, has anybody any experiences to share? Even just on Princess in general.
What evenings do they have parties (Dec 24th/25th, 31st, Jan 1st?). What dining room specialities can be expected- Turkey, Haggis? (I saw a picture of a haggis evening in the photo gallery with a very un-scottish looking cook bringing the haggis our wearing a kilt?!?) Any other special events or shows?
Thanks in advance for sharing your memories- good or bad
Alex C
Only 98 days now until Antartica!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Cruising over Xmas and New Year

I was on a Princess Christmas cruise many years ago so don't remember details, but the ship was ablaze with lights and incredibly festive with decorations. There were indeed many special parties and the dining room crew went all out for a marvelous Christmas buffet. Sorry I don't remember much of the rest of it - oh yes, they did forget my birthday (Dec. 26), but I was still so full from the day before I don't think I would have enjoyed it too much. The ship wasn't Royal, a ship I love, but a smaller ship that I'm sure has been decommisioned by now.

Carole