Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Passenger

Default Chairs on Caribe Deck & taking down balcony divider.

I was told by princess that the the divider between two balconies can be taken down, but I am hearing from other people that it cannot. i know there is a door between two that can be opened, but I have been told by a couple people I talked to at Princess that say the whole divider can be taken out. We are going on the Grand in November and am on the Caribe deck and were hoping to have one big balcony with the couple we are cruising with that are booked next door to us. I was also wondering if anyone knows if there are loungers on that deck, or if requesting one is normal to do. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Camille

Default Well..I was on the Sea Princess last year

and found that the dividers can definitely be OPENED quite easily..so I'm assuming that they are really quite easily removed too..ours was open by mistake!

Camelia
Old September 19th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cherylinmaine Send a message via Yahoo to cherylinmaine
Default Re: Chairs on Caribe Deck & taking down balcony divider.

There were 2 plastic white chairs that somewhat recline back and 1 small white plastic table. My hubby took down the separator himself with a screwdriver...lol
Have a great cruise!!!!
Cheryl

Old September 20th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Grammom

As soon as you see your cabin steward hand him a $10 bill and request 2 lounge chairs. He'll be good to you for the entire cruise! ;-)
Old September 20th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Don't do it

If you try to get a padded lounge chair from the decks, you will be in big trouble, as they are already in short supply. Everyone else can see you on your balcony, and you will be reported, because it is not fair for you to do that.

Perhaps it might be permissable to request an unpadded lounger (the blue ones up on the sun or top deck, of which there are many), but I can't say for sure.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 09:36 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Chairs on Caribe Deck & taking down balcony divi

To "don't do it"....I wasn't looking for a padded lounger....I was just looking for the white plastic loungers I have seen in pictures on some of the balconies. Thanks to everyone who responded....I just wanted to make sure the divider would come down.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:23 PM
Admiral

We are booked on the Golden with another family we have balcony cabins next to eachother and our TA assured us that the divider can be taken down to basically make one big balcony
Old September 30th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Jo W

Dividers easily taken down - our cabin steward did it for us when we asked. (Star Princess)