Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2003, 10:42 AM
Beginner

Default Alaska--Celebrity, Princess, HAL or Radisson????

I would appreciate any help from the cruisemates experts.

I am planning a surprise 30th anniversary cruise to Alaska for my wife and would like this trip to be extra special, so I need to get your opinions on which Cruise Line to choose.

Background: We have sailed RCI, Celebrity, Princess and HAL and--this time I am seriously considering Radisson. Our room preference has been SS and RS on Celebrity, Cat B/C on RCI, Cat A/B on HAL and Cat AA (mini suite) on Princess.

We prefer a laid back, relaxing cruise with lots of personal attention. How does Radisson compare to Celebrity and Princess with regard to cabin, quality of service and food. I know this can be very subjective, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gentleman J
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Ernie

Default Re: Alaska--Celebrity, Princess, HAL or Radisson????

Raddison is stuffy. I prefer Princess. As a whole, it is everything my clients like. In fact, we have a group blocked for Alaska out of San Francisco on the Regal Princess next July 25th and it is booking quite well at this early date. I can't say enough about Princess except that my clients never complain after a Princess cruise but I do get comments on other cruise lines...Ernie Red Hill Travel Calif.
Old September 26th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Yeoman

We went on Princess and loved it! I think they have priority rights in Alaska for the choice spots (eg. Glacier Bay). I've heard that they also own many of the lodges for pre or post cruise. We have never been on the other lines you mentioned, so I can't compare. What I can say is that the service was great. They were quick to respond to requests and offered to help before you even asked. The crew was knowledgable and never said "No". The food (except for desserts) was good. It was a very relaxing cruise.
Old September 26th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Admiral

I believe I responded elsewhere??? But if you are looking for supurb service and a notch above food then do consider Radisson. It sounds like your priority is what the ship can offer you?? Another consideration- Alaska can be a strong priority too- and a destination that can offer many options. For me everything I sail Alaska for is outside the ship. You may also want to consider route, time in ports, glacier, price. If going one way, myself I would never consider it without at least 5 additional days interior touring. As for Princess lodges- I don't find that a plus. My clear preference are the wonderful B&B's available in Alaska. Be sure to consider shore excursions- Alaska has a wide range of excellent adventures, I never book ship excursions and always direct with the vender. I crave the great interactions with locals that they offer.