Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Passenger

Default Disembarkation

How does Disembarkation work for princess in FLL? Would I be able to book a 11:00 am return flight if my ship is scheduled for 7:00 am return? Does this allow me enough time?
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Douglas

Default Re: Disembarkation

If you dont mind carrying your own luggage from your room you can get off by 8: 15 am .That way you avoid the hoopla with 2800 people fighting over which blue or black bag is theirs . Just let the front desk know a few days ahead of time and they will provide the proper baggage ticket . I enjoy staying on board and having a leisurely breakfast and then returning to my room until post time . I really dont understand for the life of me why they rush downstairs to wait like cattle in a crowed room ? Anyway , no matter what you do everyone is history by 10 AM .
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Josie

it really depends on how quickly the ship clears "customs", and how quickly the usual few who haven't paid their bill report to the pursers desk. Normally, you're well off the ship before 9:00. Once, we didn't get off the ship until after 11.00 because someone hadn't paid their bill and did not report to the desk when called, and called, and called and called and called.
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Have your travel agent verify with Princess the earliest recommended flight time, however, as stated, if the ship is not cleared in time, it could be tight to get to a flight too early.

I like a bit of peace of mind and while I have made 11:00 am flights in Fort Lauderdale, I prefer something after noon.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Yeoman

Douglas,
Are you allowed to stay in your rooms? Since we are staying overnight post cruise, what you do sounds great! On Carnival, they wouldn't start letting people disembark until everyone was out of their rooms. We had to wait in public areas for our color to be called. (In Alaska, we booked the Princess transfer and were the first off.)

Carnival Inspiration
Old July 7th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Admiral

LindaE - no you cannot stay in your room until you disembark. You can have a nice breakfast then you go to one of the show lounges and wait for your color to be called to disembark.

bflinner - an 11am flight is cutting it really, really close, one way to ensure that you get to the airport on time is to use the Princess transfers, we did that on our last cruise, we had an 11:30 am flight, when we got to the airport there were people there to hustle us off the bus, through customs and into the departure line.
Old July 7th, 2004, 01:08 PM
JohnH

Make sure Princess knows you have an early flight. You should
get red color bag tags.

There are two problems you cannot control. The first is the one
mentioned earlier is all the people who don't pay their bills and have to
be paged a hundred times before the ship is cleared.

The second is security at FLL, especially if you are flying Delta.
Be ready for a big time wait. It is very, very slow.

You may want to taxi to the airport instead of messing around
with the Princess buses. Those few minutes you save might
mean the difference between making and missing your flight.