Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:25 PM
RJN

Default Is there self-laundry service on the Sun Princess

Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Is there self-laundry service on the Sun Princess

Hi RJN,
Yes, there is a self service laundry on every guest deck, so pack lighter and have fun! Seems a lot of times the dollar bill changers in there are empty, so may be a good idea to bring along a few dollars in quarters and you'll be set to go, they also have soap dispensers in there too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 25th, 2003, 12:29 AM
Passenger

RJN....The self service laundries on the Sun Princess are free but you have to pay for the washing powder/fabric softener which is one dollar a box. The washing machines only hold a small to medium amount of clothes and take around 35 mins to wash but will take much longer to dry them in the clothes dryers. 'At sea' days you will probably have to wait to use the machines so try to use them either very early or late in the day or on a port day if you come back early or prefer not to leave the ship. It may be a good idea to bring your own washing liquid as what they had tended to leave powder marks on my clothes, it will save you from having to carry lots of quarters as well.

I met some very nice people while using the machines so it wasn't all bad having to wait for them. We did encounter one guy who got a little upset because we jumped the line while waiting for the dryers, he had decided to leave his clothes in the machine to wash and came back later. Tough luck to him he should have stayed!!

Enjoy your cruise, don't waste time worrying about washing though.

Cheers,
Kim
Old September 26th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Admiral

I've sailed the Sun 3 times, yes free machines but by the 3rd day completely crowded until the end of the cruise. Also as mentioned above, 1/2 sized machines, and dryers take forever- I did one cycle then hung my clothes in the closet and shower, probably 110 and not 220?? On Alaska sailings, southbound, the machines are tied up the entire cruise, so I most always do mine off ship in Skagway- can be done in a little over an hour with fast drying propane dryers.
Old September 26th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Yeoman

The closer to the end of the cruise the more busy the laundry room. There were lines snaking down the hall on the last 2 days of our cruise.