Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Passenger

Default Is it true..free drinks ...

I heard on Princess that at dinner, lattes, espressos and cappuccinos are included..is this true? Does anyone know?

thanks
MI5
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Is it true..free drinks ...

Well I had free cappachinos every night on the Coral in April for free.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old September 25th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Cappuccinos yes, i don't know about the others.
Old September 25th, 2003, 02:29 PM
SharB

You can get cappuccinos at any meal (I did!)
Old September 25th, 2003, 05:40 PM
frozen cruiseman

it has been our experience that as long as you are having them in the dining room they are free on all Princess ships.
Old September 25th, 2003, 08:06 PM
SaraHaynes

Princess is recently changing this and they now charge a fee for these. This just started for these a few weeks ago.
Old September 25th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

It gets sadder by the day. Too many ships to fill so they lower the prices and charge for everything that can be considered an extra. It's the American way. Show increases in sales or go under. The cruiselines, like the airlines, will eventually do away with all amenities and become a bare bones operation. What attracted us all, all inclusive travel that is worry free of charges, will simply become the "good old days". Only a memory for most of us, and becoming more elusive everday..........( Sorry for all the optimism).
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Passenger

thanks for the info...I wonder if I asked the waiter about it would they tell the truth????
Old September 26th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Yes, they would tell the truth.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old September 28th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Is it true..free drinks ...

Yes, it is true. We had to leave our 18 day Pacific Princess cruise after 6 days due to a death in the family, but there is a sign on the tables with the prices for all of these coffee drinks that once were included. A number of people were grumbling since this ship was mainly filled with Captain's Circle members who knew better.

Princess wasn't too swift in getting us decent flights back home either. They came up with a UA flight from Maui to SFO for $811 each plus tax. I asked if the checked Aloha Airlines and they advised that I should check it out myself on the internet. I did and was able to book 2 seats on from Maui to Oakland, where we preferred to land anyway, at a cost of $775 total including all taxes for both of us. That was less than half of what the pursers office would have gotten us. They did help with clearing us through customs although I don't know why we had to since we left from San Francisco 5 days earlier and this was the first port we hit and it was another US port. Maybe to keep their skirts clean with the Jones act. But entertainers got off too at that time so I still don't understand that.

They also said they would arrange for our transfer to the airport. All that meant is that they would call a taxi. Even though we had paid for our transfer from the ship to the airport at Papeete, we had to pick up the tab for this ride. Hopefully I'll get my extra expenses paid for by my trip insurance. And they told the taxi that we would be in one location and told us to go to another location. It was a good thing the cabbie went looking for us for his sake as there were a lot of cabs we could have taken.

I realize they did some things very nicely to get us off the ship due to a problem that I had that was no fault of theirs but they could have done a tad better IMO. It's the difference between rating the service good vs. excellent.
Frank-in-CA
Old October 7th, 2003, 07:09 PM
chuckw

Yes its true. I have been on many Princess cruises and in the main dining hall coffee drinks are free, non alcaholic that is
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: Re: Is it true..free drinks ...

It isn't the Jones Act. The Jones act pertains to cargo only. It's the Passenger Services Act which came into being around the same time. I wish I could remember which line it was, it could have been Princess or Celebrity, don't remember which. But the cappucinos in the dining room were awful and the cappucinos you paid for in the coffee/pastry bar were delicious. Next cruise I will bring some Starbucks Frappucinos on board and skip buying coffee altogether. No alcohol so it shouldn't be a problem.

carole