Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Susie Murrell

Default Pool Music

My husband and I are booked on the 11/16/2003 Grand Princess (20th anniversary). We cruised on Carnival Sensation two summers ago and we loved the jamacon/island band that played by the pools. It added so much to the ambiance. Does any one know about the Grand?
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Pool Music

If you're asking if the Grand has a similar bannd that plays by the pool, the answer is YES!
Old October 11th, 2003, 09:34 AM
WishIWereCruizin

Default Re: Pool Music

I liked the Jamaican music that was poolside when I cruised Carnival. However, when we cruised the Grand Princess last year, I noticed that we were seldom treated to the Jamaican Steel Band at poolside. Occasionally the band would play, but mostly what we heard was either recorded easy listening music or country music, which I thought was a big let-down. When I am at the pool, with the sun, wind and water, I WANT to hear Caribbean music, not easy listening! I don't even care if it is not live. That really disappointed me on the Grand.