Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2003, 07:54 PM
ESS

Default Grand Cayman - A Really Dumb Question

We visited Grand Cayman last year with Celebrity. It was announced on board that the ship's clocks were not going to be changed, and thus Grand Cayman time was one hour ahead (behind? who can remember?) than our ship's time.
This year we will visit Grand Cayman on the Grand. I contacted Princess regarding any difference in time, but they were unable to answer my question. (So maybe the question wasn't as dumb as I thought after all).
Thus my question. Do Princess ships ( and the Grand P) keep Grand Cayman time in port and do I plan my excursion based on the times the various private companies offer, or do I have to allow for any difference in time between the ship and Grand Cayman?

Confused Cruiser
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Traci

Default Re: Grand Cayman - A Really Dumb Question

Whenever you are on a cruise you always go by the ships time unless they tell you otherwise.
Old October 10th, 2003, 09:42 AM
ESS

Default Re: Grand Cayman - A Really Dumb Question

Yes - I know one always goes by shiptime - especially when they tell you what time the ship is leaving!
But what I want to know is if ship time is the same as Grand Cayman time, and if it is not - is Grand Cayman time an hour forward or behind.
Old October 10th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Grand Cayman - A Really Dumb Question

On Princess, they change clocks during the night to match "local time". Each day in your Princess Patter they will remind you of that. So when you arrive in Cayman, you will have changed from eastern time to central time; the ship's clocks will reflect the time on shore. I've heard that some other cruise lines don't bother to change the clocks, so I understand your confusion --- not a dumb question, though.
Old October 10th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Grand Cayman - A Really Dumb Question

On a recent Pacific Princess cruise they remined us in the platter and with a note on our pillows of the time changes but they continually forgot to reset the ship's clock shown on TV. One had to keep complaining to the purser's office to get it updated through 3 time zones.
Frank-in-CA