Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2003, 01:44 PM
Brandon

Default How Many Carry ons are u allowed to take??

this is kinda of a retarded Question to ask but i need to know. How many carry ons are you allowed to take onboard?

Thanks B
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2003, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: How Many Carry ons are u allowed to take??

Hi Brandon,
There is no limit of the amount of carry-on's you can board with, but remember they have to fit through the x-ray machine as you board. These are the same size as the airlines have in regards to the carry-on's you take on a flight. Also if you are flying in, its the airlines that have the restrictions as to the amount of carry-on's you can fly with, so keep that in mind.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 21st, 2003, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Brandon,

How many carry ons are you allowed to take onboard?

There's no limit on the ship. I actually carried all of my luggage aboard ship on a ten-day cruise with three nights in hotel stays at both ends. Yes, that's sixteen days worth of clean clothes! It's pretty easy with roller luggage, though it did take two trips up the accommodation ladder.

That said, here are the regulations that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has imposed upon all airline passengers.

>> Checked Luggage: Maximum of Two Pieces.

>> Carry-on Luggage: Maximum of One Piece, plus one "personal item" such as a purse, a briefcase, a laptop case, a small backpack, or a reasonable amount of reading material.

Hope this helps!

Norm.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 08:17 PM
Passenger

Norm:

Really impressed & have a question - what's an accommodation ladder?
Old October 27th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: How Many Carry ons are u allowed to take??

nketz,

Really impressed & have a question - what's an accommodation ladder?

An "accommodation ladder" is a special staircase that's used to go aboard and to depart from a ship. It has a platform at the top that attaches to an open deck another platform at the bottom that has wheels, allowing the bottom to roll toward the point of attachment to the ship when the tide comes in and away from the point of attachment when the tide goes out. The stairs themselves are attached to two parallel rails, the tops and bottoms of which anchor to the respective platforms, to form a series of parallelograms -- a configuration that maintains the platform on the bottom and all of the stairs parallel to the platform at the top, which is parallel to the deck and thus hopefully level. There are also collapsable rails on the side of the accommodation ladders.

Depending upon the height of a pier, a ship may sometimes use a gangplank instead of an accommodation ladder. A gangplank is essentially a ramp between the deck and the ground.

Norm.
Old October 27th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Passenger

Hi
Carry on with the airlines are diffrent than with a cruise. We just got back from a cruise and had 2 normal size suticases{the standerd kind you would normally have to check if you were flying } plus a garment bag and a shopping bag. They made me check the 2 normal size bags. This was the first time I had normal size bags. I usually use the wheel carry-on bags{like flight attendents use} and I never had to nor did I ever check them on a cruise {I did once on our first cruise and vowed never again for we got on the boat at 3 and didnt see our bags till about 7 or 8pm} This time with it being cold and having bulker clothers I thought I would use the normal size. I will say that we checked in at about 130-2pm ish and our bags were in our room at about 330ish....I was impressed with that.

hope this helps
MI5