Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2003, 07:30 AM
susancruzs

Default Cancelled Grand Baltic 8/17

After alot of thought, I cancelled my Grand Princess Baltic/Scandanavian cruise for 2004.

I kept looking at the same itinerary over at RCI for the new Jewel of the Seas and decided that I'd rather be on a ship that is a little smaller and more likely to dock at every single port.

I don't mind the Grand class (been on Golden) but not my favorite class of ship by any means. I absolutely love the Radiance class! I'm doing the transatl. portion too and for that many days, I'd rather be on a ship that I really like!

In terms of perks from the cruise line, I'm Platinum with both so that really isn't an issue.

Susie
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2003, 07:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Cancelled Grand Baltic 8/17

Hi Sue,
I think you made the wise choice, I too love the radiance class and was not thrilled with Golden Princess either, just not real easy getting around on those ships, while the Radiance class is very easy and the most beautiful ship I've seen.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 1st, 2003, 03:44 PM
Sara Haynes

I would have stuck with the Grand class ships. It offers so many dining choices which is nice with a hectic schedule. We were on the Brilliance and were not impressed with RCCL's food.
Old November 2nd, 2003, 08:38 AM
susancruzs

Traveling by myself, I like having a set dining table. I don't want to try and find people to have dinner with every night. I also don't like that so much of the Grand class public space is taken up by dining rooms and awkward to get to besides.

Food is not that important to me! The food I had on the Brilliance in March was as good or better than the food I had on the Golden Princess last Thanksgiving or for that matter the Summit last May!

Susie