Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Boatsie

Default Sold Out Cruises?

Is there a website that shows Princess cruises that are completely sold out?

We have some friends who are going on the Sun Princess on Dec 2; but we can't find the cruise listed in Travelocity or Orbitz. When a Princess cruise is sold out does it completely disappear from websites?
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:25 AM
geejay

Default Re: Sold Out Cruises?

We are booked on this cruise also.
I just checked Travelocity and it is showing with plenty of cabins available. Are you putting in a 10 day cruise??
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Lynne &Trevor

We booked through Travelocity for our 9/18/04 Cruise. At some point the block of cabins that this site showed "sold out", but the Princess site showed what cabins were available. So, the hunch is, that each of these travel sites have so many cabins they will, or can, fill.
Our other hunch is that it's better to reserve a cabin through Princess itself so that there is a potential for an upgrade.This is our 4th cruise with this line (out of 5) and we got our inside cabin in February because of a great deal through Travelocity. However, with the cabin already assigned with a number, it's doubtful that any upgrade will materialize. Lynne (We' re happy just to be on the ship!)

Old July 6th, 2004, 10:15 PM
SANDY M.

Book through a Travel Agent, they might get you a better rate, plus shipboard credit or something.

Also the TA could probaly get you an upgrade.

Sandy M
Old July 8th, 2004, 09:33 PM
JImeeee4

Call 1-800-princess Thats where I book (18 times) with no hassle and all questions answered correctly and courteously. JIM
Old July 9th, 2004, 02:11 PM
slotl

I think the Travel Agencies are "assigned" a block of rooms by the cruise lines.

So... some TA will "sell out" their block of rooms although there are many available rooms left on the ship (either under the control of the cruise lines or another Travel Agency).

If your TA has "extra rooms" from their allotment, just prior to cruise departure and you are a REPEAT and LOYAL customer of the TA, then you might be awarded an upgrade from the room you have chosen to an "extra" room of a higher category which remained unsold.

When I have been "upgraded" by the cruise line, I find the room I originally booked was in a better location than the room which I was upgraded to. Room # FF1818 on the Rotterdam is a nightmare. With the 2 category upgrade policy, I was "Guaranteed" an FF level room. I will never again take a Guarantee and I will research the room locations for upgrades very carefully.

These rooms are "leftover" for a reason.

Slotl
Old July 11th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Ernie

Always use a travel agent. If something goes wrong, they will bend over backwards for you. Companies on the internet don't care after they sell you the cruise. Do your research on the computer, print out the information, then give it to a reputable travel agent and let them book it for you. They can usually meet or beat the price.
Old July 11th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Boatsie

I'm not interested in contacting travel agents about going on any particular cruises--just want to know if there is a way that I see a list of the cruises and know which ones are sold out. For example, on the old NCL website, for any particular cruise, you can bring up an entire list of all different types of cabins for that cruise and those that were "SOLD OUT" would be identified.
Old July 13th, 2004, 09:09 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Sold Out Cruises?

Lynne & Trevor:

We booked on Travelocity & were initially assigned a cabin number on Baja deck, balcony. We've been switched to another cabin number on Aloha Deck. Same type balcony room, and it's mid-ship rather than pretty far back. Original was a BE, now it's called BB.

Don't know if this qualifies as an "upgrade" as this is our first cruise.

Marty
Old July 13th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to GummyBear

Can someone please answer Boatsie's question DIRECTLY?
Old July 13th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Horseracer

About all you can do is inquire directly with Princess about a specific cruise.
Old July 13th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Whiteknight

You can go to Travelocity and go thru the motions like you're booking a cabin on the cruise you're interested in and it will show you deck by deck, cabin type by cabin type, what is available on that cruise. That's the only way I know of to see what is available on the ship. If there's nothing available on the ship it should say sold out or just not show that ship at all. In that case, you would have to call the cruiseline and they could pull any unsold cabins that were held by a travel agency and sell directly to you. It's true that some agencies hold blocks of cabins for resale, but the cruiseline can recall any unsold ones by a certain date if they need them for customers. That's my understanding anyway.
Old July 14th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Passenger

Boatsie,

2 sites that I like for exactly what you are referring to are www.cruise.com and www.cruises.com as each of these will tell you when they are sold out in certain categories.