Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Frank

Default Feb Temperatures in NZ & AUS

I just received my pre-cruise information from Princess for a cruise we will be taking in February from Auckland to Sydney. It was my understanding that it got fairly warm at this time of the year but Princess is showing 66-50 F which seems low to me. What should one expect in February in both NZ and AUS?

In fact, they show the same temperature range for Nov-Feb which seems low to me.
Frank-in-CA
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Feb Temperatures in NZ & AUS

I have spent some time in Tasmania and infact just returned from 5 days in Hobart back to my home in Sydney last night.
The weather is going to be a hard call to predict.Melbourne can get 4 seasons in one day.Hobart in February which is exposed to the water and cool winds coming down from Mt Wellington may be cool.
Sydney will be hot, however cloud and southerly breezes can make it very pleasant.
I advise for N.Z. to dress for light cool weather.
Remember we live in the southern hemisphere.Down under.
Maybe living in conditions that prevail from Southern California to Northern California maybe is what you may encounter.
Hope this helps
Old November 19th, 2003, 03:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Feb Temperatures in NZ & AUS

I live in Melbourne and you can expect in February (which is our hottest month) anything from 70F ( 18C) to over 100F(35C) or even hotter. In fact last Saturday we had 40C which is well over 105F. As camping man says we can experience four seasons in a day but that happens when we have a cool change after a very hot day .I would come prepared with some light long sleeve tops to put on if the weather does turn cool. As he mentioned Tasmania is much cooler, it very rarely gets higher than 85F. Sydney is always warm in summer, around 85F but usually humid so that the temperature seems a lot hotter. You can safely pack for Sydney with just short sleeves. The north island of New Zealand has similar weather to Sydney. The South Island is a lot cooler and can be quite cold around the Milford Sound area and also wet. I hope this helps. Bring a light fold away plastic jacket, which keeps the wind out and you will be fine. I hope you have a wonderful cruise and enjoy our great country.
Jennie.

Post Edited (11-19-03 03:08)
Old November 19th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Feb Temperatures in NZ & AUS

Thanks to all. That helps. I didn't believe Princess' information.
Frank-in-CA