Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2003, 09:44 PM
cellalot

Default Sailing Golden Princess 01/17/94

We are sailing princess for the first time on the above date. If you are going or if you have already sailed her please respone. We have sailed on other boats 12 times in the last 5 yrs.
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Filet

Default Re: Sailing Golden Princess 01/17/94

Let me know because we are debating this ship or RCL on the Adventures of the Seas
Old January 3rd, 2004, 11:07 PM
MechMan

My wife and I are on the same cruise.
Looking forward to it.
Been on Voyager of Seas 4 yrs ago and then did a Greek tour on a smaller boat the Apollon (Royal Olympic I think)
Old January 4th, 2004, 08:55 PM
shopper5

Just came home from sailing the Golden Princess Dec. 27-Jan. 3.
Had a wonderful time, except for the rough seas the first few days of the cruise.
Service was good, although not great. Had a beautiful day for Princess Cays.
Had a fire on board in the grill where they make the hamburgers/hot dogs/ brats/etc. forcing the closing of that station for the second half of the cruise.
Also, about halfway through the week, they started squirting your hands with antiseptic before you went into the buffet. Wonder what that was all about???
Had a number of shore excursions cancelled for lack of sufficient participation, even though the ship was filled to capacity.
If you have specific questions about this ship, just post them here and I will respond in the next few days.
Old January 5th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Mike S

I also just sailed the Golden on 12-26-03. It was my first time on the Princess line and most likely my last. The ship was very nice but there were enough things that I did not care for that will cause me to go back to Royal Carib or try another line. The food service was fair and the service in the personel choice dinning rooms was poor to average. The food choices were very average with small portions. I did not expect to have turkey and roast beef for dinner. The waiters in the dinning rooms seemed over worked and unable to handle things. A fire in the grill next to the pool while we were in port did not help and the grill was shut down the remainder of the cruise. Our room was great. It was on the Baha deck with a nice balcony and king size bed. The shows were good and the staff outside of the dinning room was very helpfull and friendly. We had at least 3 rough days at sea and that may come with the eastern carib tour. The food selection and service was enough of a turn off for my wife and I to look for another choice on our next sailing.