Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2003, 04:43 PM
John Forch

Default Golden w\3 teenage girls

I am planning on the Golden for the East Caribbean for 04/04. Is this a good ship for them? Any general advice appreciated. Also, presently have Dolphin 410. I hear that the veranda is not private? Is it partially covered? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2003, 06:03 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Golden w\3 teenage girls

I too would love info as if its geared at all for a younger crowd. I(26) am traveling with my bf (31) and our friends - another couple ( early - mid 20s) on Feb 28th and we were wondering if the nightclub is... well... active at night. I ve been on RCCL 3 times and the club was dead alot of nights...except for a 5 day on Monarch. Just wondering if its going to be the same on Golden.
Old December 6th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Davey m

Default Re: Re: Golden w\3 teenage girls

I don't think you will be disapointed in the night club. I've been on the Radiance (Royal Crib.) & the Ocean Princess and both of their disco's stunk. We were on the Golden last February and by 1:00am the Disco was pretty wild. Alot of the younger crowd were grind dancing , alot of girl on girl action as well.
We are in our early thirty's and at time it got a little too wild for us.
Old December 6th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Plasma

The balconies on the Golden are not very private. Those above you can see down and in 8 cabins you have a walkway outside your balcony.

Mike
Old December 16th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Passenger

Your balcony on Dolphin deck is not private, but it doesn't matter -- I was on Caribe just above Dolphin last Spring; most of the time people aren't on their balconies and just having a balcony is wonderful in itself. Don't obsess about this privacy thing, I think it's very overdone. And so far as the walkway Mike talks about -- these are just a few cabins way forward, just about the front of the ship. Not your cabin. You have a GREAT location--I looked it up. You will love this ship and the itinerary. I can't wait to go AGAIN.

Regarding your teens, how old are they? We're taking my 16 year old son and his friend on the same cruise. Decided to take them this year after seeing how much fun the other kids that age were having and how much there was for them to do on their own.
Old December 16th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Passenger

Oh and one more thing - your cabin is on the port side, which is the best side for this itinerary -- for the sailaway at Ft. Lauderdale and when you come into St. Thomas and St. Martin.
Old December 19th, 2003, 01:29 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

Hi...we are taking our 17 yr old daughter on the golden for the New years Cruise..if you want to Email me when I return, I'll be happy to tell you what it is like...also, we are in D405
susan