Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2003, 05:36 PM
Passenger

Default Soda sticker

I understand that it is possible to purchase a card or sticker for unlimited soda.

Where or when do I purchase this? Before the cruise, checking in or at the start of the cruise at the purser's office

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2003, 06:54 PM
Kathy & Dave

Default Re: Soda sticker

Don't worry...they will find you!

There are tables set up in various places near the horizon court and for the first couple of days, many of the wait staff will come around and ask if you want to buy one. Last month, it was $22 including an insulated cup. I think you can buy it w/o the cup for about $15 I think.

It is good for soda from the fountain only - not on cans. Cans are $1.50 plus tip. Available was Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and I think Ginger Ale, but never requested that.

Which ship will you be on?

Old December 1st, 2003, 07:07 PM
Passenger

Thanks Kathy

We will be on the Sun Princess (Southern Carribean) 11 Dec.

Follow-up question - If you dont get the cup, do you get a card or is there really a sticker you paste on your clothes (or body somewhere).

We were rather unprepared on our first cruise and ended up toasting our departure with a can of coke in 2 champagne flutes we had in our cabin. I think we will be a little better prepared this time around.

Ken
Old December 1st, 2003, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Soda sticker

I bought the soda sticker for $22 two weeks ago and am not aware of getting it cheaper if you don't take the souvenier cup. Either way, they place the sticker on your cruisecard and you need to show it each time you order a soda.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 11:15 AM
Kathy & Dave

I don't think they really advertise much about getting the sticker w/o the cup. I saw a sign the first day at a table near the Horizon Court. I never heard the wait staff mention it when they were pushing them. The sticker does go on your card. We only got one, and just went up twice to get each of us a drink. They won't usually give you 2 at a time.

I haven't been on the Sun Princess, but have been on the Golden (2x), Grand and Coral (and NCL Sky). I think Princess is great!

Have a great time!

Old December 2nd, 2003, 11:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

For a 10 day cruise I paid $22.00 without the cup. This was a month ago.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 04:33 PM
Passenger

Thanks everyone!
Old December 3rd, 2003, 09:27 PM
Toto

Just got off the Star Princess and believe it or not, the soda sticker for our 25 day cruise was only $32. Not sure if that means they will be charging less for the 7-10 day cruises from now on or if it was just a special for this cruise only. I was actually shocked as that was nothing for unlimited fountain drinks for 3 1/2 weeks. Sure put a smile on my face.
Old December 5th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Tony Tezzco

Yeah I paid $22 for one on my last cruise, it was on the late Sea Princess last January. But beware, I am a Coke drinker and I found that the fountain sodas were just sweet water with color, It really taste bad. You have to look around on all bars to find the right one. I found it on the Horizon Court bar.

I love Princess, next January will be sailing on the Dawn Princess.
Old December 13th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Todd R

Default Re: Re: Soda sticker

As soon as you get on board, there are tables set up where you can go and get a sticker and mug. OR, just go to any bartender... they all have a supply.

Happy cruising
Old December 14th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Sara Haynes

Everyone buy your own card. Princesses price is very reasonable on this. If people continue to cheat Princess on this, they may start charging prices similiar to Royal Caribbean which is considerably more for the same thing. It is only fair.
Old December 18th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Passenger

When we went this Oct on the Golden, they had a few tables set up at the buffet area and the pool decks were they were selling the coke stickers. When we went you could pay 22USD for a sticker that came w/ a coke can shaped container or you could just get the sticker w/o the container for 15USD. The info about the sticker w/o the container was in smaller print on the flyer they had at the table then the one w/the container. I choose just to have the sticker. I did find the dinning room soda wasnt that great, the machine they must used didnt have the right poportions of syrup to seltzer.{my husband use to set up soda fountain machines at his old job} It was too sweet. I just use to order my soda from the bar at one of the lounges {which we usually went to before dinner anyway for a drink}and took it in w/me to the dinning room.

MI5